Outside Sales Representative - Army
Revision is the market leader in the eyewear industry for DOD, Federal, State and local agencies. Our latest technology with regards to laser protection has exceeded every expectation known. Revision is a dynamic, innovative and rapidly growing company. We need more quality people with big ambitious ideas to join our team.
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
Responsible for primary revenue generation within the active Army and Army National Guard market space. From lead generation to close, this position will be 100% focused on selling Revision’s commercial off the shelf products and developing business within the defined space. The Outside Sales Rep will not only be expected to capture existing business directly with end-users, but also be the key point of contact, provide customer support, sales acumen, technical assistance and general relationship management, as well as generating new business.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Outside Sales Rep will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Business Units to intensify and grow the total revenue for the customer base within their functional area of responsibility.
- Interface with high level military leaders and senior NCO’s at installations and States to achieve awareness for company, products and to develop the rapport to create outstanding sales results.
- Brief and inform and sell Revision COTS items to CIF Managers, senior leaders and supply personnel at the Corps, Division and Brigade level.
- Brief and inform senior leaders, CIF Managers, DOL, USPFO, J4 and G4 within the defined region on Revision COTS items.
- Use all levers available to develop assigned market space to maximize sales. This includes leveraging current distributor network.
- Ability to sell consultatively and help solve customer’s problems, identifying and resolving any specific customer concerns.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned market space, including the use of SalesForce to maintain accurate record of opportunities generated.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts demonstrating thorough knowledge of pricing and contracting methods
- Be able to provide timely feedback and product suggestions from the customer base into the product development process within each Business Unit.
- Develop and maintain an expert knowledge of the market, contracting mechanisms, competitors and products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales or Marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 4-6 years of proven sales history in sales to the Army, National Guard and other military branches preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Former Senior level Military or law enforcement background is preferred.
- Requires 50% overnight travel to trade shows and states to liaise with current and potential clients and develop new contacts.
- Organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills, are critical.
- Proficient in computer software systems: IOS, Windows and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SalesForce Outlook and Internet skills are required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives with effective organizational skills that support corporate goals.
- Provide a positive company image to the public.
- Self starter, proactive and forward thinker.
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Office and manufacturing work environment.
- Travel in and outside the US as required.
- Some weekend travel as needed.