Business Unit: Marketing
Reports to: SVP Marketing
The Corporate Communications Director is an experienced, collaborative, results-driven marketing communications leader, expert in developing and delivering strategic corporate messages, brand initiatives, public and media relations, as well as internal communications.
This role is responsible for building and sustaining Quantum Health’s brand reputation and supporting its business goals through effective communication strategies—both external and internal—that deliver compelling, consistent and connected messages to our market and our diverse workforces.
The Corporate Communications Director will lead planning, developing, implementing, managing and measuring Quantum Health’s corporate communications strategy, execution and operations. This individual possesses excellent, proven leadership, managerial, strategic and executional capabilities, and is expert working across cross-functional teams and channels in support of measurable corporate and team objectives. The Corporate Communications Director has exceptional team leadership, collaboration and critical thinking skills, and will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
% of Time Spent
- Translate market research and competitive intelligence into differentiated brand positioning and integrated communications strategies and programs
- Collaborate with marketing team leadership to establish priorities aligned with business objectives
- Partner with other Marketing leaders to establish team and departmental KPIs and ongoing measurement
- Brand positioning: Create, deliver and measure impact of strategic, ongoing brand messages and storytelling that capture attention, differentiate Quantum Health in the marketplace and inspire action.
- Deliver using traditional and digital media and channels (owned, earned and paid media—both outbound and inbound— social programs, podcasts and webinars, peer publishing, etc.)
- Co-develop and execute strategic thought leadership plan, partnering and aligning with Creative, Digital and B2B Marketing resources on cross-channel execution and delivery
- Identify, prioritize and execute on high-impact industry corporate events and sponsorships, channels and strategic partnerships (local and national; includes supporting macro corporate brand as well as employer brand)
- Ensure messaging and content on corporate digital properties (corporate website, Q-Base, social media channels) is accurate, consistently refreshed and relevant. Additionally, collaborate with Digital Marketing team to expand our usage of these channels to optimize their impact.
- Digital reputation management: Monitor client, prospect and member engagement with our social channels; develop and implement cross-functional response and escalation processes to deliver timely and appropriate content and responses
- Cultivate media relationships to support brand reputation and leverage strategic messaging opportunities
- Manage relationship with PR agency and other external partners
- Crisis communications: Offer thoughtful and swift response strategies and messages in crisis or issue management situations
- Manage board/investor relations deliverables as needed
- Develop and successfully execute communication strategies and plans that drive associates’ understanding of and commitment to our company’s core values and priorities as a company.
- Support existing internal communications channels (intranet, Q-News, emails, corporate social channels, etc.) and events (Warrior Feast, Quarterly Updates, etc.) to ensure team members are informed and motivated.
- Collaborate with HR to constantly evaluate and enhance channel and message effectiveness in support of Quantum Health’s culture
- Partner with HR and other internal stakeholders to:
- Prioritize areas of focus
- Develop and manage the Quantum Health internal communications plan and calendar, ensuring that activities are up to date and reflect all planned and delivered communications
- Prepare communication materials as needed to support organizational growth and strategic cross-functional team initiatives
- Lead, manage and mentor communications and internal event marketers, creating a high-performance team to help Quantum meet and exceed its growth objectives.
- Create and manage Corporate Communications team plan and budget
Marketing team operations and optimization:
- Collaborate with fellow Marketing team leaders to foster teamwork and support team strategies, structures, tools and processes aligned with corporate goals, and to implement best-in-class tools and processes that can be leveraged/scaled across the organization.
- Foster a learning environment by keeping up to date with—and sharing—the latest tools, processes and best practices, using regular benchmarking to drive ongoing enhancements.
Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years relevant corporate communications and marketing leadership and hands-on experience, with proven brand leadership, public and media relations, crisis and reputation management experience and strong content marketing and writing/journalism expertise
- Subject matter expertise: B2B2C experience working with HR buyers and consultants in the employer healthcare and benefits landscape
- Proven experience collaborating with leadership to create and execute internal and
- In-depth experience successfully creating and executing corporate communications and marketing strategy, positioning and messaging, integrated content generation and delivery, and planning and executing internal (culture, team member enablement) and external (employment brand and recruiting) events
- Demonstrated expertise measuring and reporting on initiatives, as well as gathering quantitative and qualitative research and distilling it into actionable insights
- Proven ability to use data to drive strategy, execution, and optimization
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration and team leadership experience and skills
- Successful servant/leader management experience
- Positive, collaborative, energetic team player with the ability to drive clarity, consistency and consensus, with the ability “roll up the sleeves” and get things done
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, problem-solve and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proven track record of building budgets and programs that support efficient growth
- Exceptionally strong writing and communication skills
- External media management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism/public relations, communications, marketing and/or writing required; MBA and/or other advanced degrees encouraged