Specialty Pharmacy Program Manager
Required Knowledge, Skills & Training
- Prior account manager or program manager experience with a manufacturer May be a clinician such as a pharmacist or nurse.
- Ability to manage programs based on trade contractual obligations and to drive growth in market share or add products from existing or new manufacturers.
- Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Must be computer literate - knowledge of Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, and Visio.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret professional literature and technical procedures.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve complex problems.
- Ability to interpret and make inferences from data.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to respond to changing priorities and handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to oversee and manage a program if the drug/therapy includes REMS (Risk Evaluation Mitigation Strategy) requirements in collaboration with operational and clinical staff.
Essential Job Duties
- Lead cross-functional team to develop and implement custom programs for pharmaceutical trade manufacturer partners and/or for new specialty pharmacy products launches. This includes designing clinical and operational processes to support needs of product, meeting trade contractual obligations and educating the Orsini staff to ensure all teams are prepares for new product or service launches. Delivers on service expectations from manufacturers.
- Oversee and manage therapy/service programs for designated pharma partners and/or therapy classes. Serve as subject matter expert for assigned therapy programs and serves as liaison to external customers in assigned areas. Handles day to day management as well as escalations with an urgency to resolve.
- Implementation and on-going oversight of trade contract deliverables including data reporting development, operational processes and issue resolution.
- Work collaboratively to assess and improve key clinical and operational processes within specialty pharmacy. Participate in quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Collaborate with clinical and operational staff to develop patient drug therapy management programs/protocols to ensure consistent services to customers.
- Prepare reports and presentations for Quarterly Business Reviews regarding program performance (financial & operational outcomes), ongoing activities, projects, and other reporting needs.
- Lead cross-functional team to manage strategically important projects.
- Perform other duties or projects as assigned.