Sr. Software Engineer – Media Streaming
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visit https://www.on24.com.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement our critical and scalable video delivery services.
- Take ownership of one or more media streaming services from design to deployment.
- Develop new features, improve existing features and fix bugs.
- Explore new opportunities and drive solutions to improve the system scalability, resilience and performance.
- Promote software engineering best practices by leveraging CI/CD, test automation, etc.
- Work across interdisciplinary teams to understand features, operation, and specify enhancements to our platform.
- Participate in design and code reviews, and mentor junior developers.
- Write and maintain documentation to allow team to scale.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Hands on programming experience in Java
- Experience writing maintainable code with test coverage
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and affinity for technical innovation
- Experience with Linux, especially with regards to the networking
- Working knowledge of streaming media protocols: HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), DASH, CMAF, RTMP, etc.
- Experience in developing/deploying media streaming services in the cloud
- Knowledge of media codecs, formats, transports and container protocols, such as MPEG-2, H.264/AVC, AAC, AC3, MP4, TS, etc.
- Understanding of CDN architectures (caches, origin servers, proxies, etc.)
- Experience working with Closed Captioning standards, DRM and related technologies
Good to have:
- Experience using Wowza Streaming Engine is a big plus
- Knowledge of multimedia tools like FFmpeg is beneficial
- Knowledge of Python and/or Golang is optional
ON24 is proud to be an equal employment opportunities (EEO) workplace to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ON24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, ON24 will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.