Windows Desktop Administrator
ON24 Inc, is looking for a responsible, technical, forward thinking individual to fill our Windows Desktop Administrator full-time position in our Charlotte, NC office. The Windows Desktop Administrator is responsible for supporting our internal end-user community within ON24.
Your focus will be installing, configuring, and troubleshooting technology problems related to users’ desktops, laptops and servers. He / She will work with other IT staff members to ensure the highest degree of functionality and reliability to our end-users. He / She will utilize a flexible schedule to provide additional support via remote methods to our remote offices and remote users throughout the world.
This position requires an individual who is punctual, detail-oriented, able to adapt under stressful conditions, can multitask and possesses solid technical, communication, and customer service skills.
- Provide tier 1 and tier 2 technical desktop support for ON24’s internal and remote employees through phone, IM, e-mail, and in-person utilizing our HelpDesk ticketing system.
- Responsible for the day-to-day tickets, building, troubleshooting, and configuring of Windows/OSX based machines.
- Responsible for the deployment of employee systems in office and remote.
- Will have a role in ongoing administration of email servers, domain controllers and other enterprise wide services.
- Work with the other IT employees to support Charlotte, New York and London offices.
- Work with other company departments to solve information technology problems and provide solutions to management.
- Administer Active Directory, Print Services, TCP/IP, DHCP, and Group Policy with other IT department staff.
- Some off hours work may be required due to business needs.
- BS degree or equivalent with 1-2 years of previous Windows support in an enterprise environment is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016, Office365, Active Directory, Print Services, TCP/IP, DHCP, Group Policy, Windows Firewall, WiFi, and WSUS is required.
- Experience with Windows 7, 8.1 and Windows 10 is required.
- Experience with Server 2008/R2, Server 2012/R2 is preferred.
- Knowledge of Exchange, Lync, Skype and SharePoint is preferred.
- Experience with Dell, HP and Apple hardware is preferred.
- Experience with OSX is a plus.
- Experience with Symantec ITS (Altiris) is a plus.
- Ability to learn quickly to tackle new and technically complex problems with courage and tenacity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Must have demonstrated ability to approach emerging problems quickly and with flexibility.
- Must be a customer service minded, organized thinker, with attention to detail that possesses effective communication skills.
- Patience with the ability to speak to and train non-technical people.