Manager, Streaming Systems
ON24 is on a mission to transform the way businesses drive revenue and customer engagement through data-rich digital experiences. Powered by the ON24 Platform, marketers create and deliver live, always-on and personalized webinar, content and virtual event experiences to engage audiences in real-time, to generate powerful buying signals and to accelerate pipeline. With billions of engagement minutes created, ON24 is the network where enterprises engage prospects and customers at global scale. Headquartered in San Francisco, ON24 has a wide international footprint serving the regions of North America, EMEA and JPAC. For more information, visithttps://www.on24.com.
A Manager, Streaming Systems at ON24 is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Production streaming systems and supporting team members. This person is responsible for the smooth operation, scale and maintenance of the streaming systems. He or she supervises the staff and work involved with keeping this key piece of ON24’s SasS platforms running and scaling optimally.
- Manage all aspects of the Streaming Systems day-to-day operation covering multiple regions, data centers & clouds.
- Participate in the evolution and improvement of streaming systems.
- Capacity, scale and expansion
- Improve auto-scaling and systems performance
- Process improvement
- Tools & standards
- New technologies
- Vendors and providers
- Manage staff and growth of team. This includes hiring, staff mentoring and other HR related duties.
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap and modernize the technology stack.
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the streaming systems and related architecture.
- Work outside the department with other technical teams to gather consensus for delivery on projects and tasks.
- Oversee the support and request tickets, team workloads and documentation.
- Provide reporting and metrics.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting, address opportunities that surface and root cause analysis
- Some on-call and after-hours support should be expected. (24x7)
- 7-10 years working hands-on in a technology field with 3-5 years experience in a supervisory/managerial role with a Production SasS platform
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Working “Production” experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows Servers and Virtualization (VMware & Azure/AWS/GCP) is required.
- Experience with Pexip Infinity, Adobe Media Server, Wowza Streaming Engine, FreeSWTICH and Asterisk is preferred
- Knowledge of Streaming technologies like RTMP, HLS, MPEG-DASH is required.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, communication and administrative skills.
- Ability to motivate and communicate clear and concise directions to others and build a strong team.
- Focus on excellent record-keeping as a method to aid in process improvement.
- Must be detail-oriented and an organized thinker able to work in fast-paced environment.
- Integrity, creativity, intellectual curiosity, high standards, persistence, and achievement-oriented approach are all important.
- Continuous improvement of ITIL/ITSM