The Account Manager, role requires a highly organized and high energy individual who is comfortable interfacing with a diverse audience ranging from marketing to corporate IT, and is able to tailor their message accordingly.
- Leverage relationships in an assigned set of existing accounts to prospect and close new business opportunities with additional decision makers, including a wide range of marketing and demand generation titles, as well as corporate communications, training, procurement and sales.
- Partner with ON24's Client Success Team to summarize existing business in key accounts and facilitate introductions to client advocates and references.
- Track, organize, and close a large number of pending renewal opportunities.
- Consult with prospects to determine the best solutions for their specific needs. Recommend solutions, prepare and present proposals and get contracts executed.
- Conduct presentations and product demonstrations.
- Achieve all individual activity and revenue targets set by the company.
- Log sales activity (prospecting, opportunities, revenue, next steps) in Salesforce.com.
- Attend sales seminars, sales meetings or educational activities to stay up-to-date on the latest developments, trends, and regulations in the market place.
- Keep current with all ON24 product information, pricing and contract terms.
- 2-5+ years of direct sales experience, ideally B2B sales at a software company. SaaS sales experience a plus; selling into marketing, corporate communications, and/or training also preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in developing new business relationships and expanding into other divisions
- A true hunter mentality who strives for the close.
- Demonstrated experience of being able to conduct online sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- A Bachelor's degree in Communication, Business, Marketing, or related fields, or relevant experience.
- Ability to converse in a professional and knowledgeable manner on various industry topics and Internet technologies in order to sell opportunities to prospective customers.
- Ability to create successful sales strategies for ON24 products and/or services.
- Must possess highly developed organizational, planning and management skills.
- Strong detail orientation with numbers, follow through and contract details.
- Must have superior written and oral communication skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, quota-driven environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Professional experience with Salesforce.com, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Creativity, persistence, integrity, curiosity, and the will to succeed.