Spheres Ambassador - Full Time
Northwest Center is looking for a Full Time Spheres Ambassador to join our team! The Spheres Ambassadors are often the first contact between the community and Amazon.com. We strive to exceed customer expectations with each introduction as guests enter the Spheres and Understory space. Our focus is offering a one of a kind experience, through engaging customers and answering the public’s questions. We are committed to making the Spheres a memorable experience to all users. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Saturday and 10:30 am to 7:30 pm on Sundays. Your schedule may vary due to operating hours.
Location: South Lake Union
Schedule: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday through Friday, flex days on the first and third weeks of each month
Wage: $15.45/hr with an increase to $19.50 after the probationary period
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-year Customer Service, Museum, Amusement Park, or Event staffing or support experience
- Horticulture, botany, environmental science, or biology experience preferred
- Open and close the Spheres space, providing ownership of the space and ensuring it is clean, organized, and show ready at all times.
- Greet all visitors in a friendly, warm, professional and courteous manner
- Work interchangeably between the Spheres and Understory while actively engaging with the visitors and offering insight into the exhibits and plant life they are seeing.
- Maintain extensive knowledge regarding exhibits rove the space, be prepared to offer commentary, speak to and/or offer assistance to visitors.
- Conduct ongoing research to enhance guest experience and be prepared to offer guidance about places to eat and/or other landmarks to visit within the greater Seattle area
- Assist with special events and projects, as requested.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.