Vice President of Operations for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center (NWC), a transformative social enterprise leader, seeks a Vice President of Operations to join the team as a senior leader of our growing Administrative Support Services division. Collectively, the Northwest Center Administrative Support Services team oversees virtually every aspect of the front lobby activities at 40+ Amazon corporate buildings in the greater Seattle area (focused in South Lake Union). Our team of over 120 receptionists, and seven (7) additional specialized business services, provides professional 5-star customer service daily, within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
LOCATION: Seattle (South Lake Union)
SALARY: DOE + Excellent Benefits
This position’s essential responsibility is to deepen NWC’s partnership and strategic opportunities with the world’s top online retailer, Amazon. We are seeking a customer-focused executive who has extensive experience leading strategic operational growth and customer-facing teams on a national level. This leader will positively engage and inspire our staff and operational leadership as they deliver premier services to our customers day-in and day-out. Collaboration is essential as this role will work across NWC’s other business units & functions (Finance & Accounting, Sales, Human Resources and Marketing) to ensure that NWC is the premier service vendor and continually positioned to grow.
- Serves as thought leader who is innovative and forward-thinking, who can see around corners and anticipate future needs
- Seeks out opportunities and proposes improvements to ensure overall service excellence
- Builds and maintains close relationships with our Amazon customer. Ensures a seamless customer experience with our services and scale smoothly
- Establishes credibility as a trusted vendor service advisor by listening and understanding our customer’s business focus and future growth
- Identifies and anticipates customer needs and manages the process of creating appropriate solutions, and positioning these solutions with the customer
- Servant Leader who helps develop the talent across the entire NWC Amazon Team, and empowers people to bring their best self every day
- Understands and embraces the NWC Mission of inclusion and always acts as an Ambassador. Ensures the NWC team @ Amazon understands and is connected to the culture and mission of NWC
- Drives our business forward through new ideas, high-impact services and new opportunities
- Proactively influences decisions through collaboration, leadership and customer focused approach
- Defines ideal customer experiences in close partnership with stakeholders in operations and NWC Executive Team
- Ensures NWC services are scalable and that NWC continues to grow diverse and vertical solutions with our growing customer base
- Thinks beyond current services to future endeavors by listening to the customer, and continually evaluating the business environment
- Manages the NWC Amazon Division P&L, and works closely with NWC Corporate functions to ensure all support needs are met
- Sets and manages the financial aspects for the implementation of all service needs and associated projects
- Prepares and presents accurate project status reports, metrics and results for all required audiences included the Quarterly Business Review with our Amazon customer team
- Develops trusted partnerships and advocates with Amazon’s other vendor partners
WHO YOU ARE:
You will bring a strong business and analytical acumen coupled with a high-level of people development expertise to drive dynamic growth across the account. As a key member of NWC’s Senior Leadership team, you will be co-creating and collaboratively executing on a compelling and effective organizational vision and strategy, to deliver value to our Amazon customers, NWC’s Mission, and across internal NWC teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required; with direct job experience in Sales, Relationship and/or Account Management
- Very high emotional intelligence to include strong social interaction ability
- Proven experience working effectively with a large global company
- Experience managing a large administrative support team
- Experience reporting to and managing cross functional and cross site groups
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- A genuine love for customers and customer success
- Proven history of driving service growth in a complex and changing environment
WHO WE ARE:
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early learning, and after school programs. Our employment services include transition services, vocational training, job placement, and supported employment.
We provide outsourcing solutions that meet the manufacturing and service needs of small and medium sized businesses, Fortune 500 companies, local government offices, and large federal agencies. Our portfolio of Social Enterprises employ people with and without disabilities working side-by-side to offer world-class service to our customers.
Northwest Center was founded in 1965 by parents who refused to institutionalize their children with developmental disabilities or accept the prevailing notion that their children couldn't be taught. Banding together to form Northwest Center, they hired their own teachers to develop education programs targeted to special needs children.
Our founders authored and won approval of civil rights legislation that opened the doors of Washington State schools to children with disabilities. House Bill (HB) 90 “Education for All” was signed into law in 1971 and served as the model for national legislation, The Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to be considered for this role.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.