Manager, Event Support and Banana Stands for Northwest Center Services @ Amazon
Northwest Center (NWC), a transformative social enterprise leader, seeks a Manager of Events and Community Banana Stands to join the team as a leader of our growing Administrative Support Services division in Seattle (South Lake Union).
Collectively, the Northwest Center Administrative Support Services team oversees virtually every aspect of the front lobby activities at 40+ Amazon corporate buildings in the greater Seattle area (focused in South Lake Union). Our team of over 130 receptionists, and six (6) additional specialized business services, provides professional 5-star customer service on a daily basis within a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Who We Are:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
Schedule: Full Time, Monday through Friday
Wage: DOE + Great Benefits!
The Northwest Center @ Amazon team operates in a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment where we provide professional 5-star customer service across several program divisions. The Manager of Events and Community Banana Stands is responsible for the successful operation of event support services and two community banana stands providing oversight and direction to two supervisors and overall staff of ~11.
The Manager will ensure high quality service levels for each program and will foster positive working relationships with key internal stakeholders and vendor partners to promote collaboration and alignment of goals and objectives.
- Commitment to the Northwest Center’s mission of inclusion and ability to successfully work in a diverse environment.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of responsible leadership experiences in management or supervisory positions.
- Ability to work flexible hours and occasionally from offsite locations as necessary to support events.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a team.
- Ability to practice a high level of confidentiality.
- Highly developed critical and resourceful thinking skills.
- Excellent organizational management skills within a fast-paced and demanding corporate environment.
- Lead a team comprised of Event Supervisors, Event Support Assistants, “Banistas” and as-needed reception staff for after-hours events and position coverage.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial information of the two programs.
- Responsible for supporting all events taking place on and off the Amazon campus.
- Oversee daily operation of the Community Banana Stands and manage internal inquiries for offsite and after-hours stand requests.
- Support vendor partners with the planning and execution of events on campus.
- Effectively and regularly communicate with staff, other managers, Director, Vice President and key partners.
- Ensure and strategically plan for optimal staffing levels collaborating with the Director and HR recruiting team.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff through effective training, ongoing feedback and identifying development opportunities.
- Establish and implement processes that fulfill the objectives and goals of the program.
- Must be able to frequently carry heavy object and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- Daily duties include a combination of desk time and visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk regularly within a 1.5 mile radius is required.
- Amazon is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
- Sight (with or without corrective lenses) is required.
To be considered for this role, please include a resume and cover letter with salary expectations.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion - we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.