Manager, Reception Leadership & Hiring
Northwest Center Services is searching for a Full-Time seasoned team leader with best in class project management skills, proven five star customer-centric leadership focus, and an eye for data metrics for our operation in Crystal City, VA area.
Location: Crystal City, VA area
Salary: $68,000.00 annually
Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/match, Transportation Benefit, and more!
In this role, you will assume responsibility for your supervisors to include the direct reports to your supervisors. This will include regular check-ins with 3-4 Supervisors in the workplace setting and ongoing evaluation of staff and building needs. You will work closely and together with Human Resources in where employee relations issues in the workplace come up while ensuring compliance to policy and escalations as needed. This is an extremely busy and demanding corporate environment where you can have many things going on at once. You are required to provide world-class customer service to all visitors and employees. You will receive a large volume of emails daily that need to be addressed in a timely and efficient manner escalations may include but are not limited customer concerns (in person or via telephone), personnel and/or performance issues with staff, and facility related issues.
As the Leadership and Hiring Manager you are responsible for all hiring decisions as well as employee on-boarding and off boarding. You will work closely with Northwest Center Services @ Amazon talent acquisition team internally and the partnering staffing agencies in regards to candidates along with the Northwest Center Services @ Amazon talent acquisition team. You will maintain staffing numbers and interview metrics. This role also provides ongoing employee engagement and development opportunities for the Northwest Center Services @ Amazon team.
*To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.*
- Experience working as a Supervisor/Team Leader.
- 3+ years customer service/call center environment.
- Professional experience using Microsoft Office Programs.
- Strong project management and/or excel and metric tracking experience.
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 50 pounds.
- May need to carry supplies to other buildings.
- It is a combination of desk and actively visiting several Amazon buildings so the ability to walk consistently within a mile and a half radius is required.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to Support Service and the Northwest Center mission.
- Flexibility in working at different locations, between the hours of 7:30am and 6:00pm. Arriving early, staying late, and weekend availability when needed to support the team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and a collaborative management style with management team and employees.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Successful candidate will be able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to multi-task and is professional and friendly in a busy and demanding corporate environment.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively
Manager Specific Duties:
- Works with NWC recruiter and Temp Agencies to staff, recruit, interview, select, hire, provide feedback, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
- Is a partner with the reception supervisor in training new team members and providing ongoing training.
- Consistently assessing needs for new services and reporting back to SeaBel team.
- Works with NWC to ensure all employees are on boarded and that we are in compliance with through completion of the annual vendor audit.
- Oversees Team Leader promotional interviews and assessments.
- Coordinates shadowing schedule and mentors for supervisors.
- Organizes ongoing employee engagement and development opportunities for NWC at Amazon team.
- Participates in monthly All Leadership and Reception Leadership and team meetings
- Maintains employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, holidays, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
General Manager Duties:
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between Reception and Management.
- Lead employees using performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development training.
- Work with the Training and Development Manger to identify additional training needed to staff and Team Leaders.
- Implement Amazon’s 14 Leadership Principles ideals into daily management.
- Ensure that all staff are knowledgeable of building amenities, check-in process, security access levels, facility procedures, and organizational tools.
- Collaborate with Metrics and Analytics Manager on presentation and construction of Quarterly and Annual Business Review (QBR/ABR).
- Audit and approve payroll at the close of the pay period to ensure completed time cards and punches.
- Participation in facilitating weekly leadership meetings and agenda creation.
- Initiate informal weekly one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Ensure compliance with Amazons outlined Service Level Agreements (SLA).
- Responsible for covering for the other Managers and/or Director of Operations if they are unable to be at work due to any unforeseen or foreseeable absence.
- Oversees any program related budgets as necessary, and reports financial tracking to leadership.
- Work with the management team, the position also contributes to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Interact with all positions of NWC, from janitorial up to and including the CEO. Work closely with Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF)/Amazon, all property management companies and the multitude of vendors throughout campus.
- Own escalations and collaborations with GREF.
- Back-up leadership team in providing professional assistance to Amazon employees as needed.
Who is Northwest Center:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.