Part-time Technical Production Assistant, The Greene Space
Technical Production Assistant, The Greene Space (Part Time)
The Greene Space (TGS) at New York Public Radio is looking for a part-time Technical Production Assistant to work 24 hours a week. This role supports the Technical Director of the space with setting up pre-show, working the live productions, and loading out. In addition to being primarily responsible for live sound engineering, this position works directly with the Recording Engineer, Video Producer, and other staff to plan and execute the technical elements of events and recording sessions.
- Operating the live sound board and mixing house sound for both spoken word and musical performances during sound checks, rehearsals, and live events
- Setting up and breaking down equipment necessary for production in TGS, including microphones, cabling or staging as well as chairs and tables
- Providing technical support and preventative maintenance for audio devices in TGS
- Operating light board and focusing lights as needed
- Troubleshooting any technical problems
- Making sure everything is put away in an orderly fashion at the end of production
- Helping with setting up the lobby or any backstage areas as needed
- Helping with and operating any A/V media provided by clients
- Attending production meetings to discuss technical requirements of productions
- Attending to email communications with internal and external productions
- 3+ years live audio and events production experience, including live music and spoken word
- Experience operating and mixing on digital and analog audio consoles
- Friendly and approachable demeanor
- Willingness to work flexibly
- Ability to easily work with and for diverse people with different capabilities and needs, whether they’re colleagues, clients, or audience members
- Must be capable of climbing ladders, carrying heavy objects, hanging microphones, hanging and cabling lights
- Being able to understand how signal flows between stage, front of house, broadcast booth and video room.
- Enthusiasm for a live production environment that sometimes requires shifting gears quickly
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems early and come up with creative, workable solutions
- Fluency in audio editing
- Experience operating light consoles
This is a part-time role regularly scheduled to work 24 hours per week with an hourly rate of $30.2197/hr - $31.3186/hr. This role is also eligible for prorated paid vacation, sick time and holidays based on hours worked.
This position is part of the New York City staff, and will be regularly scheduled to work on site.
Given this role will be onsite, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.