Help Desk Manager
Help Desk Manager
The Help Desk Manager serves as the central point of contact between users and the Information Technology team. This manager supervises our help desk team and ensures that service desk incidents/requests are resolved, in addition to scheduling technical support for events and meetings. Additional responsibilities include software licensing, vendor management, equipment procurement, inventory management, workstation and laptop systems deployment, mobile device distribution, SLA compliance, processing purchase orders/invoices, and systems refreshes. This team member provides direct technical support to the VMware Horizon remote access and VDI environment and hosted client network/server environments -- Active Directory Domain Services, Office 365 (Exchange Online, OneDrive, SharePoint Online).
Key technology includes Quest KACE SMA, KACE SDA, VMware Horizon, operating systems (Windows 10, Windows 11, macOS), Avaya IP Office, Dropbox, multi-factor authentication.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in working with company systems that contain sensitive, confidential, and financial information and data.
- Monitors and triages service desk incidents to quickly resolve issues and meet SLAs.
- Oversees onboarding and offboarding of employee accounts, systems, and mobile devices.
- Serves as a primary end-user support contact for company VMware Horizon environment.
- Provisions desk phones, softphones, mailboxes, and extensions for Avaya IP Office system.
- Oversees loaner laptop, mobile device, and equipment procurement programs.
- Handles inventory, deployment, and configuration of user devices and applications.
- Leads return-to-office and hybrid work environment technical support initiatives.
- Records and maintains accurate incident and change records and logs per company change management policy and procedures.
- Provides training to help desk team and evaluates team performance regularly
- Serves as a consultative resource to non-technical staff by assisting in problem resolution and providing training.
- Leads help desk strategy initiatives and identifies solutions to improve operational efficiencies
- Collaborates with stakeholders across departments on special-purpose applications implementation and support (Salesforce, Nielsen Media, Act 1 Systems, PG Calc).
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Help Desk Operations
- Experience in successfully supervising and mentoring help desk technicians
- Ability to work under pressure and communicate with leadership team
- Proficiency with Office 365 suite core standalone and online applications
- Proficiency with help desk/service desk systems methodology and best practices (ticket/incident lifecycle management, SLAs)
- Experience with Active Directory Domain Services and Azure AD as pertains to account creation, delegation of permissions, group memberships, group policies
- Possesses experience with 1-on-1 and group end-user training
- Experience with inventory tracking and hardware refreshes desired
- Avaya IP Office experience is a plus
This is a full-time role with a salary range of $85,000-$95,000 per year (plus a full benefits package). Salary offer within this range is determined by skills, experience and organizational pay equity. New York Public Radio offers excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as parental leave.
This role is currently operating primarily remotely, with the ability to optionally work from the office, which is encouraged. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff and will be expected to work from the New York office two days per week within the next few months.
Given this role will be in the office, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state, or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.