Account Executive, Enterprise Accounts
Account Executive, Enterprise Clients
New York Public Radio, home to WNYC, WQXR, WNYC Studios, and The Greene Space, is seeking an Account Executive, Enterprise Accounts. The Account Executive, Enterprise Accounts is responsible for both cultivating a roster of established sponsors as well as growing client relationships within categories and brands not currently served by New York Public Radio and WNYC Studios. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of New York Public Radio and a proven track record of success selling in podcast, display, streaming, local broadcast and national network radio. They will also have the ability to identify emerging trends and opportunities with a sense of competitive foresight.
This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sponsorship.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Drive new business by prospecting new clients and agencies with a relentless focus on closing business
- Create comprehensive strategic sales packages and sponsorship opportunities leveraging New York Public Radio’s integrated portfolio of platforms.Win big deals (agency and client direct) and attract repeat business
- Successfully negotiate advertising sales commitments, both for new and renewal accounts consistent with the company’s business objectives.
- Respond to and close RFPs with a sense of urgency.
- Work with marketing and site/product specific sales leads, and post-campaign sales support leads to create effective and compelling sales materials, presentations, and client follow-up documents.
- Create effective custom presentations
- Monitor, forecast, track, and report sales performance.
- 5-7 years of direct media sales experience with a minimum of 3 years of successful podcast and online advertising sales experience.
- Comfortable and proficient with initiating senior and executive level client-based relationships at leading advertising agencies and with national and local clients.
- Experience working with a diverse roster of clients across multiple platforms and a track record of outstanding sales performance.
- Can easily multitask and meet deadlines.
- Strong contacts at both enterprise accounts and key agencies both within and outside the New York market.
- Ability to create, present, and implement innovative advertising sales programs and presentations.
- Exceptional selling, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- When it’s safe to do so, the ability to travel for key client and agency meetings and events
This is a full-time role with a salary range of $82,500-$100,000 per year (plus a full benefits package and sales bonus structure). Salary offer within this range is determined by skills, experience and organizational pay equity. New York Public Radio offers excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as parental leave.
This role operates in a hybrid capacity, coming into our NYC office 1-2 days per week. Given this role will be in the office, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At New York Public Radio diversity, equity, and inclusion is more than a strategy or an initiative; it is an organizational mindset that is reinforced every day. Ultimately, we strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and pursue inclusive strategies to support and encourage them and create a more engaged, committed, and productive workforce. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are especially important to us as a media organization because a diverse workforce allows us to report with perspective and insight, and deliver a variety of content reflecting the diverse population we serve in New York City and beyond. We believe that diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an inclusive workplace in which all voices are encouraged and heard is a core part of our values as an organization.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.