Senior Data Scientist
Who We Are!
At Maven Wave, we are relentless in hiring the industry’s top talent. Each employee is hand-picked not only for their skills, but for their personality and broad expertise. We are looking for this rare combination of talent that sets us apart in the industry.
Maven Wave helps leading companies make the shift to digital and shorten the fuse to innovation. We combine the expertise of top-tier consulting with the agility of a cutting-edge technology firm. This multidisciplinary blend of skills allows us to create unique digital advantages for our clients. Maven Wave’s digital solutions are agile, mobile, rooted in analytics, and built in the cloud.
Maven Wave, Google, and YOU: Drive and deliver business results with data-based insights.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to develop data-driven solutions to complex business challenges.
Your Life As a Maven:
- Leverage data to drive business solutions for enterprise clients.
- Assist clients in building Data Science ML/AI Capabilities in the Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Handle the life cycle of Machine Learning including: Data Transformation, EDA, Feature Engineering, Model Trial Pipelines, Measuring Performance, Retraining, and Deploying models for Inference hosting.
- Develop custom or improve existing data models. Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, and other business outcomes.
- Work on hybrid Engineering, Data Science, Cloud Architecture teams to delivery business value.
- 7+ years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Cloud experience in a major platform, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- Experience using Data Science languages (R, Python) to manipulate data and draw insights.
- Knowledge of a variety of Machine Learning and advanced analytical techniques and their real world advantages/drawbacks.
- Familiarity with the following software/tools: Python, C, Java, Jupyter Notebooks, SQL, ML platforms (GCP AI Platform, AWS Sagemaker, H2O, DataRobot), Data Pipelines and orchestration (Spark, Airflow, CI/CD)distributed data (Map/Reduce, Hadoop), and visualization (Looker, Tableau, qlikview)
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or above in a related field.
- Aptitude - You have an innate capacity to transition from project to project without skipping a beat.
- Communication - You have strong communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- Impact - You are a critical problem solver with an emphasis on creativity and innovation.
- Passion - You have the drive to succeed paired with a continuous hunger to learn.
- Leadership - You are trusted, empathetic, accountable, and empower others around you.
Why We’re Proud To Be Mavens!
- Google Cloud North America Services Partner of the Year 2019, 2018, 2017
- #21 Best Workplaces in Chicago, FORTUNE
- Great Place To Work Certification, Great Place to Work
- Fast Fifty, Crain's Chicago Business
- 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, National Association for Business Resources (NABR)
- Top Google Cloud Partner, Clutch
- Top IT Services Companies, Clutch
- Fastest Growing Consulting Firms in North America (#11, #37), Consulting Magazine
- Google Global Rising Star Partner of the Year
Ready to Learn More?