Seasonal General Winery Worker - WillaKenzie Estate
WillaKenzie Estate is an ultra-premium winery located in Oregon’s Willamette Valley. We meticulously farm 130 acres of Estate grown Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Pinot Blanc, and Chardonnay in the Yamhill-Carlton and Dundee Hills AVAs. Our modern and well-equipped gravity flow winery helps us to achieve our high-quality standards. We are passionate about our winemaking and hold true to our mantras of “Dirt Matters” and “People Matter”. We are seeking hardworking individuals to help with our 2019 harvest.
Under the general direction of the Assistant Winemaker, the General Winery Worker performs a variety of indoor and outdoor tasks such as cleaning and sanitizing tanks and other equipment, operating processing and press equipment, stacking barrels, operating a forklift, filling barrels, and topping wine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in a team environment
- Follows and observes all safe cellar practices
- Cleans and sanitizes all winery equipment and facilities
- Executes punch-downs, pump-overs, and pulses
- Racks, transfers, and pumps juice and wine
- Moves hoses and equipment
- Operates forklift: moves barrels, supplies, and goods
- Makes additions to juice and wine
- Assists with summer bottling operations
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Procures and wears functional, yet imaginative Halloween costume
Background and Experience
The General Winery Worker can communicate effectively with proficiency in reading, writing, and basic math. They must be able to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules and procedures, and be able to read cellar work orders, count barrels, record times and dates. Workers in this position must be reliable, punctual, and have an eagerness to learn. Willingness to work flexible hours including overtime and varying shifts is a must.
This position requires the ability to reach with hands and arms, sit, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and regularly lift and carry up to 50 pounds.