Senior Recruitment Partner, Human Resources Unit
Why Work With Us?
IREX embraces a people-focused approach to development that invests in human potential and the conditions that help people thrive. We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The incumbent manages recruitment at IREX and is charged with ensuring effective sourcing, recruitment, and onboarding of IREX headquarters, Expat, and TCN staff. This includes ensuring that IREX is consistently engaging in inclusive sourcing and hiring and ensuring that the employee composition at IREX reflects the diversity of the communities IREX serves. The incumbent ensures adherence to compliant and inclusive recruitment procedures, developing tools and resources for staff, and assisting with Hiring Manager training designed to enhance capacity and promote diversity, equity and inclusion. The incumbent represents IREX at career fairs in multiple forums to raise IREX’s profile as a global development employer to effectively source and attract diverse candidates from various and diverse communities, institutions, and organizations.
Task and Project Coordination/Management
- Manage the selection process, including requisition management, development of position descriptions and recruitment strategy, candidate selection, reference and background checks, salary negotiations, generation of offer letters, and the facilitation of the on-boarding process.
- Conduct recruitment strategy meetings with Hiring Managers to ensure a complete understanding of the job requirements, candidate matches, and the qualifications needed to fill the role. Use findings to develop and execute effective sourcing strategies, assessments, and closing approaches.
- Promote inclusive hiring through outsourcing, recruitment processes, and highlights its long-term benefits to IREX.
- Conduct thorough candidate prescreening interviews and recommend highly qualified and diverse candidates who meet the requirements for the role.
- Conduct job analysis to update position descriptions and review against established compensation structures.
- Ensure timely communication with candidates, hiring managers, and vendors on the recruiting process and pending needs.
- Manage candidate communication throughout the recruitment lifecycle and educate candidates about IREX’s culture, benefits, and position expectations.
- Create and disseminate recruitment reports that provide strategic insights through metrics, dashboards, and the full-spectrum analysis of data.
- Prepare appropriate approval documents for transfers, promotions, salary changes, and other staffing changes.
- Staying current on the organization structure, personnel policy, and federal state laws regarding employment practices.
- Manage external recruiting sources, vendor agreements, candidate submission, and invoice processing.
- Promote and increase employer brand awareness by representing IREX at job fairs and industry events.
- Develop outreach efforts to support affirmative action goals and participate in recruitment events in support of diversity hiring and inclusive sourcing.
Partner Engagement / Business Development
- Develop and ensure implementation of high-quality global recruitment, interviewing, selection, and strategic onboarding processes. Build the skills and commitment of hiring managers to follow best practices in all stages of the talent acquisition life cycle.
- Develop and facilitate training for hiring managers on the recruiting process and provide periodic training to management staff on recruitment and onboarding best practices.
- Provide coaching on effective behavior interview techniques, workforce planning practices, and compensation requirements.
- Continually assess the effectiveness of the recruitment & onboarding processes, researching best practices, conducting new hire and hiring manager feedback surveys, and utilizing data to refine and improve the processes over time.
- Ensure position classification specifications accurately reflect the needed qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities required for successful job performance.
- Develop creative ideas and innovative recruiting techniques to source qualified professionals. (i.e., social media, employee referrals, direct contact recruiting, internet data mining, job boards, and internal/external networks).
- Document the selection process in the ATS and perform day-to-day recruitment activities consistent with understanding rules for applicant tracking, OFCCP rules and regulations, and IREX operating policies and procedures.
Budget, Financial and Project Compliance
- Manage candidate salary expectations and ensure that the compensation for new hires and transfers is in line with internal and external equity.
Teamwork and Leadership
- Supervise and coach the Recruitment Partner.
- Partner with the HR Manager to develop a strategic onboarding & new hire orientation process for all US-based employees, field-based Expats, and TCN’s.
- Partner with the Human Resources Manager on job classification, workforce planning, and strategic onboarding.
- Partner with line managers to develop business plans that integrate talent plans and provide a structured talent management approach, linking together business strategy and talent.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8+ years of experience
- May require specific expertise in a subject matter. May require a professional certification (i.e., SHRM-CP, or PHR).
- Experience effectively working with a large group of individuals from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds is required.
- Must be able to research and learn employment law for various countries within the regions supported by this position.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work collaboratively in a team environment is required.
- Experience conducting and managing sensitive investigations is highly preferred.
- Strong creative problem-solving skills with the ability to develop and implement practical solutions are required.
- Must have strong influencing skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are preferred.
Incumbent must be a U.S. citizenship or demonstrate proof of valid U.S. work permit.
This position is NOT remote and will be in office.