Behavior Change Team Leader, Women's Economic Empowerment and Leadership Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Behavior Change Team Leader candidates for the upcoming USAID-funded Women Economic Empowerment and Leadership Activity in Jordan. This Activity will focus on contributing to increasing women’s access to employment and leadership by improving access to the job market, enhancing the workforce enabling environment, and addressing inequalities and prohibitive social norms and traditions. The Behavior Change Team Leader will work to change knowledge, attitudes, norms and cultural practices for sustained behavior change outcomes related to expanded economic opportunities for women and girls.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic and technical direction on behavior change methodologies to improve women’s access to the job market, enhance the enabling environment for women’s economic participation in the private sector, and address gender-based inequalities and social norms
- Develop work plans, lead implementation of behavior change activities and coordinate with other Team Leaders to effectively integrate learning from behavior change activities across all programming components
- Facilitate inclusive and gender-sensitive processes and approaches, engaging local organizations, institutions, and women, to design and implement effective national- and community-level activities
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Extensive experience with the field of Social and Behavior Change Communication (SBCC) approaches required
- Demonstrated experience with full range of SBCC tools including mass media, community-level activities, interpersonal communication, information and communication technologies, and new media
- Familiarity with MEL approaches to measuring behavior change at the individual, interpersonal, community and societal levels
- Experience with behavior change in private sector settings preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s economic empowerment and gender equity required
- Experience with international donor-funded development projects desired
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills required
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment
- Excellent ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Prior work in Jordan or MENA is highly desirable
- Professional Arabic proficiency strongly preferred, fluency in English is required
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.