Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Macedonia Media Support Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded new media support program in Macedonia. Based in Skopje, the DCOP will provide technical leadership in the project.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the COP in providing strategic and technical leadership to the program
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the Chief of Party in his/her absence
- Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Perform other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- At least seven (7) years of progressive international experience working in journalism, media sector strengthening and reform, civic engagement, or related fields in Macedonia
- In-depth familiarity with the challenges faced by Macedonian media system actors
- Familiarity with the key government stakeholders, relevant private sector actors and civil society organizations working on media issues, and an understanding of the dynamics and relationships among them
- Significant experience in managing donor supported development projects of similar size and complexity
- Similar experience with another USAID-supported project; knowledge of USAID regulations and procedures
- Substantial experience in implementing complex media development projects
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively on the technical aspects of implementation with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Proven track record of working effectively with other projects, media and civil society, high-level host country host government counterparts, and other international partners
- Must possess the technical, managerial and communication skills to assume all related responsibilities of the COP position on a full-time basis if needed
- Effective oral and written communication credentials
- Fluent Macedonian language skills required
- Strong representational and organizational skills
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.