Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Coordinator, Global Programs Group
Who We are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, economics, political science, sociology, anthropology, media/communications, education, or another relevant field;
- 2+ years of job experience with some direct experience in donor-funded international development programs;
- Ability to apply program theory-based approach to program design, monitoring, evaluation and learning for international development projects;
- Familiarity with evaluating international development programs, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis;
- Demonstrated experience with coding, cleaning, analyzing and visualizing data, as well as relevant software;
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with social science statistical software packages – e.g., STATA, SAS, SPSS, etc.;
- Availability for periodic short-term travel, internationally or domestically, as required;
- Professional interpersonal and communication skills in English (written and oral), including a demonstrated ability to convey assessment, monitoring, evaluation and learning concepts to program staff and in-country partners.
If you have these skills, please include in resume and in cover letter.
- Advanced degree in relevant field.
- Sector specific expertise within one of IREX’s key practice areas
- Experience with USAID or USG MEL frameworks and programs.
- Experience with Gender and Social Inclusion initiatives/inclusive evaluation tools, techniques, and practices.
- Experience with political-economic assessment and evaluation tools, techniques, and practices.
- Experience with specific data analysis or visualization software (e.g.: Dedoose, Nvivo, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, Jotform, Oba, Power BI, Tableau, Google Data studio, etc.)
- Fluency in Arabic, Russian, Spanish, or French
Your Daily Tasks
- Support assessment, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) of projects and initiatives. This may include:
- Conduct and draft pieces of program impact evaluations, skill assessments, training evaluations, social network analyses or internal program evaluations;
- Implement surveys, data collection tools and instruments, and manage beneficiary evaluative data appropriately;
- Analyze data and visualize results to promote utilization of key findings;
- Assess data quality for IREX programs and identify effect on adaptative management decision-making;
- Support program- and practice-level learning agendas
- Create presentations and dashboards linking M&E data sources to visualize technical support and results; and
- Support content for social media, website, impact one-pagers and other forums
- Support project teams in managing program MEL plans and ensuring timely, accurate, and thoughtful completion of deliverables. This may include:
- Track progress on program indicators, including monitoring and evaluating, organizational capacity building, media content analysis monitoring, social media analytics, participant self-assessment, and consultant reports;
- Track output and outcome indicators to write implementation progress reports and briefings on recommendations to improve program performance;
- Contribute to development of program material, including assessments and research, as well as program progress reports, midterm and end-of-project evaluations;
- Maintain information flow and coordination with donors, academic and program consortium partners, and technical experts
- Provide technical support to program staff to ensure effective management of division’s programs to monitor and evaluate results;
- Assist staff in MEL framework design and implementation, to build global staff capacity;
- Work with program staff to design indicators and data collection tools in line with MEL plans;
- Use and contribute to M&E manuals, training materials and other resources;
- Participate in efforts to capture program data and disseminate results, best practices and lessons learned from a practice’s program portfolio, including preparing and presenting communication materials on evaluation efforts including blog posts, articles, and presentations;
- Contribute to new business development efforts as requested.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is NOT eligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled