Learning Technology Officer, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks a qualified Learning Technology Officer to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to improve pre-service teacher education, and assist the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms and address gender disparities in teaching.
Under the supervision of the University Partnership Manager, the Learning Technology Officer will support the program’s day to day technical activities with a specific focus on providing technical assistance to universities in integrating content onto learning management systems.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the technical team in all aspects of program implementation to ensure timely and accurate completion of deliverables
- Under the supervision of the University Partnership Manager, liaise with key stakeholders to support the integration of learning technologies into pre-service teacher education including specific technical assistance to universities in integrating content onto learning management systems
- Support the technical team and partners in the production of accurate and nuanced technical assessments, ensuring that these consider specific needs relating to learning technologies
- Contribute to and manage the production of program deliverables including reports, technical products, training materials, handbooks, templates and guides, including content development, formatting and proof reading
- Support the University Partnership Manager in the effective support and management of subcontractors
- Track and analyze work plan activity, progress toward project objectives and track and analyze project indicator data
- Provide administrative support to the technical team including budget tracking, preparation of consultant scopes of work and contracts
- Track program expenditures and develop and monitor program budgets
- Represent the project publicly
- Includes travel throughout Jordan
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as assigned.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g. education, instructional design, learning technologies, international development, or related fields); Masters preferred
- At least 3 years of experience working in a non-profit organization and/or managing international education programs, preferably with a focus on learning technologies and higher education
- Research skills preferred, especially rapid desk reviews and conducting interviews
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills in Arabic and English
- Experience creating, managing and monitoring program workplans and budgets
- Ability to work in a positive, solutions-oriented way independently and collaboratively with others on a team
- Familiarity with USAID contracts preferred; experience supporting and managing subcontractors preferred
- Experience working with monitoring and evaluation systems preferred
- Strong computer skills and proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment in order to adhere to strict deadlines.
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE