Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Bangladesh Youth Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 13 countries, and a global staff of 400.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded youth development program in Bangladesh. The DCOP will support the Chief of Party in the management of the program and provide high-quality technical inputs to achieve all program objectives.
Only citizens of Bangladesh or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, provide technical direction for the program; develop work plans; lead implementation of youth-targeted activities; and ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical and operations support staff
- Facilitate inclusive and gender-sensitive processes and approaches, engaging local organizations, institutions, and youth
- Develop and maintain cross-sectoral relationships with key government entities at the national and local level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, employers, program beneficiaries, youth leaders, youth cooperatives, youth networks, youth-serving organizations, and other stakeholders
- Oversee technical activities of local partner organizations
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; program communications; and program reporting
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Bangladeshi citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and minimum of eight (8) years of experience in youth leadership and engagement, youth economic empowerment/workforce development, youth civic education, or civil society strengthening, or a bachelor’s degree with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience
- A deep understanding of the youth leadership and engagement landscape in Bangladesh, including with local governments, employers, and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs)
- Demonstrated experience in managing youth leadership development programs in Bangladesh, with the ability to demonstrate outcomes
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, educational institutions, NGOs, donors, etc.
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- A commitment to, and vision for how youth leadership and engagement outcomes can be improved
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV in English for consideration.