Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Coordinator
For five years, USAID Takamol has focused on mainstreaming gender at policy, national, and community levels. During the upcoming two-year USAID Takamol’s work will be with government institutions and civil society to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political empowerment, education, and workforce participation. Takamol will address gender priorities within these four target sectors by building the capacity of public entities to mainstream gender within their strategies and services, and strengthening targeted advocacy and grassroots initiatives led by civil society on gender inequities. Takamol will lead participatory gender audit processes, deliver technical assistance and trainings, provide grants, and convene a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity and female empowerment. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
Summary of Position
With direct management support of the M&E and Capacity-Building Advisor, the M&E and Learning Coordinator will ensure USAID Takamol fulfills its Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and will support ongoing learning and evaluation across the program. The Coordinator will be responsible for recording M&E data in a timely and accurate manner. This is an ideal role for someone with an attention to detail and an interest in growing within a role of increased monitoring and evaluation responsibilities.Description of Responsibilities
- Regular data collection from USAID Takamol Program activities in a timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner
- Enter collected data in Takamol’s M&E tracker(s)
- Conduct regular data entry USAID Geographical Information System (GIS) and TraiNet
- Maintain organized digital and hard copies of all M&E related files and supporting documentation through a well-organized filling system for all tools and reports developed and collected by the M&E department
- Contribute to the development of data collection instruments as required
- Conduct regular data quality assurance tests and assist in analyzing indicator data
- Prepare data summary, data analysis, and reports upon request
- Support research and development of learning studies
- Contribute to the development of programmatic reporting, communications, and deliverables as required
- Collect data for evaluation and reporting needs through interviewing participants and stakeholders, observing activities, and conducting desk research
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field such as but not limited to social studies, international development and women’s studies.
- At least two years of experience in data processing and analysis, assessment and monitoring.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, knowledge of other statistical software is a plus.
- Preferred experience working with civil society and government stakeholders in Jordan.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in both Arabic and English;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines in a fast-paced working environment;
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, take initiative, meet deadlines, and maintain flexibility;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives with strong ability to anticipate challenges and generate solutions;
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to legally work in Jordan.