Civic Education Specialist
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified and dynamic Civic Education Specialist candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program in Liberia to lay the foundation for a future in which elected representatives increasingly govern in the interest of constituents by promoting increased leadership of marginalized groups in the political process, by supporting the institutionalization of civic education, and by building the capacity of the National Elections Commission and civil society organizations to independently manage and oversee all stages of the electoral cycle.
Only Liberian citizens or residents authorized to work in Liberia will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide overall civic education technical expertise and guidance
- Lead development of and support programming focused on civic education and other related issues, responding to changing program results to ensure impact
- Create and maintain strong relationships with civil society leaders, local government officials, and other stakeholders
- Contribute to documentation of program results and support the COP/DCOP in reviewing, compiling, editing, and formatting program deliverables related to civic education activities
- Communicate program results to IREX staff, donor representatives, partners and other relevant stakeholders to enable data and experience-informed decision-making
- Liaise regularly with IREX HQ
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least seven (7) years of experience in civic education
- Strong preference for past USAID-funded project experience
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in building the capacity of local civil society organizations
- Experience in and ability to establish strong working relationships with civil society and other stakeholders, including government and local government officials, media, businesspeople and international donors
- Thorough knowledge of the Liberian political, social, economic, and cultural context with regard to the civil society landscape
- Experience with program reporting and monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, master's preferred
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.