Finance and Operations Director, USAID/Bangladesh Youth Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 13 countries, and a global staff of 400.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Finance and Operations Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded youth development program in Bangladesh. The Finance and Operations Director will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Only citizens of Bangladesh or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds, accountability, and operations within the region
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Overseeing subgrantee budgets and expenditures
- Supervise Finance and Operations team
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles; lead human resource management
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bangladeshi citizenship or residency with work authorization
- A graduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least eight (8) years of experience in Bangladesh in the administration of international donor-funded programs;or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science with at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded programs
- Previous experience as a Deputy Chief of Party, Director of Administration and Finance, Operations Manager, or another senior managerial role on an international donor-funded program
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please click “Apply” below to submit your CV in English for consideration.