Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the MEL Manager will develop and implement the project’s monitoring and evaluation plan, and its Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach to enable informed program adaptation throughout implementation. They will manage the learning agenda; design and implementation of the MEL system; oversee data collection and analysis; and develop reports and data visualizations that communicate impact and progress towards programmatic and organizational goals to a variety of internal and external stakeholders. The position supervises two staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement an activity monitoring, evaluation, and learning plan (AMELP) across all PRESTIJ program components including identification of process, output, and outcome indicators. Refresh AMELP annually.
- Oversee the program’s CLA process in collaboration with IREX’s MEL team in DC and the Chief of Party; ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with the leadership team to apply program learnings in pursuit of adaptive management.
- Oversee the design and development of data collection instruments and provide support to team members to deploy and gather high quality data necessary to report on program results.
- Work with partners to ensure application of MEL activities and data collection; oversee partner capacity building as needed.
- Liaise regularly with IREX’s MEL team in DC, ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations, and ensure monitoring activities are conducted on schedule.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Conduct regular visits to program sites to meet with program stakeholders to provide technical assistance, ensure proper monitoring of program activities, and share learnings.
- Oversee project data analysis and produce M&E reports and data visualizations that communicate impact and progress for the program team and donor.
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to IREX staff and various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners, including through social media, website, impact one-pagers and other forums, in compliance with contract guidelines.
- Supervise two officer and assistant level staff who will provide communications and M&E support.
- Promote and maintain a data-driven learning culture.
- Other duties, as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required.
- At least five (5) years of experience in designing and implementing M&E and learning systems on international donor-funded initiatives—preferably focused on education and/or funded by USAID.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or a Bachelor’s degree with an additional two years of experience.
- Experience in relevant technical areas, such as survey and research tool design, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, and dissemination of results; experience with statistical analysis software preferred.
- Experience of using an M&E system to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Demonstrable skills in indicator selection, target setting, report writing, database management, developing M&E and performance monitoring plans, and data visualization required.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic, as evidenced by professional experience.
- Strong computer skills, including high-level proficiency in Excel (e.g. use of pivot tables, formulas and charts etc.) and proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences.
- Experience working in and/or interest in developing capacity for data collection and technology systems including SurveyMonkey, Dedoose, Salesforce, and Power BI
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members, partner organizations, and stakeholders from government and education sectors.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Preferred: Experience using gender and social inclusion sensitive indicators and analysis.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE