Operations Intern, Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders, Leadership Practice
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks an Intern to support programming for the Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders Initiative for our Leadership practice. The Intern will be expected to work full-time hours (approximately 35-40 hours per week) for a period of approximately 6 months. An hourly rate will be provided.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support with the day-to-day administration of the Mandela Washington Fellowship’s Operations team;
- Provide coordination and support to DC-based management and program staff;
- Work with program partners and participants, including communicating program updates, answering questions, and assisting with logistics;
- Compile and track a wide range of participant information and program data, maintaining accuracy and completeness;
- Process and maintain financial records and transactions;
- Review and track participant deliverables;
- Contribute to the production of program deliverables, including participant materials, templates, and guides for program partners;
- Assist in arranging event logistics and producing event materials and resources;
- Conduct research as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required, pursuing Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, and interest to learn other software tools
- Excellent data management skills, including strong Excel skills and Salesforce (or comparable CRS/database) experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail and project self-management
- Ability to provide reliable customer service to diverse stakeholders, such as funders, corporate and university partners, and international participants
- Must demonstrate a sense of responsibility and sensitivity in dealing with diverse audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience studying, working, and/or living in Sub-Saharan Africa (preferred)
- Experience in international development and/or education (preferred)
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your hourly range requirements.