Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/Kenya Youth Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Finance and Administration Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded program in Kenya to empower youth and connect them directly to social and economic opportunities to improve their livelihoods and well-being. The Finance and Administration Manager will be based in Kenya (specific county to be determined) and will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Only citizens of Kenya or permanent residents legally authorized to work in Kenya will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the program meets all IREX, USAID and host country regulations and requirements related to USAID funds, accountability and operations within the region
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the award; oversee all payments
- Monitor program budget and provide required reporting; maintain financial records for all program activities
- Oversee subgrantee budgets and expenditures
- Supervise Finance and Operations team, ensuring highest quality financial management and compliance
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all financial management and procurement is conducted in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Oversee all office expenditures and staff transportation/vehicles;
- Lead human resource management
- Liaise with IREX home office financial, compliance and field operations teams
- Other duties, as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Kenyan citizenship or residency with work authorization required
- A master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or a relevant field with four (4) years of experience (or a bachelor’s degree with six (6) years of experience) in a supervisory role managing finance and administration of an international donor-funded activity
- Previous experience as a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), Director of Administration and Finance, Operations Manager, or another senior managerial role on an international donor-funded program
- Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-cultural setting as demonstrated by past experience
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in-line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Please click “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.