IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a qualified Driver to be responsible for logistics and transportation of program personnel supporting a five-year USAID-funded Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ) project. Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive assigned project vehicle within various regions of Jordan and safely transport staff and counterparts if needed to desired locations in a timely, safe, and courteous manner; and stay overnight when needed
- Check assigned vehicle to ensure that it is operational and safe to drive
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Compliance Manager, follow up on logistical correspondence with ministries, governmental institutes, insurance company, etc.
- Clean assigned vehicle daily both inside and out
- Initiate and supervise repairs and periodic maintenance of assigned vehicle
- Maintain driver logs and complete pre-trip inspections
- Maintain car maintenance sheets and follow up and coordinate car maintenance schedule and maintenance need
- In coordination with the finance team, purchase office needs of cleaning and kitchen supplies
- In coordination with the Finance and Compliance Manager, follow up with ministries and governmental institutes on project registration renewal, COP work and residency permits and other related matters ensuring obtaining and delivering the right correspondence
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Minimum 3 years or more related experience
- A good driving record and understanding of auto mechanics are required
- Availability for overtime work and field travel is necessary
- Knowledge of Jordanian traffic laws and regulations
- Ability to read maps efficiently
- Basic knowledge of and ability to read and write English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues
- Diligent attention to details and diligent attention to safety.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.