DATE REVISED: May 20, 2020
GRADE: Consultant (with potential to become Part or Full Time Hire)
POSITION TITLE: M&E Coordinator
REPORTS TO: MENA Regional Manager
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
The M&E Coordinator is responsible for collecting and analyzing data from trainings and drafting reports for Headquarters.
Please note this position is part time with an expected approximate 90 working days per year.
The position is open to all qualified applicants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluation
- In coordination with the Center Manager ensure that the project is implemented according to project plan through monitoring workshop outcomes;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of trainings and materials to address any deficiencies and identify trainings to be added in order to monitor training quality and implementation;
- Assist trainers by monitoring participant’s reactions to the lesson and provide inputs to address participant’s specific concerns or questions while the class is being developed;
- Evaluation of participant’s reactions and attitude to learning in each lesson, evaluate comments and examples in order to verify a concept has been acquired by trainees;
- Coordinate Follow up calls with training participants and trainers if participants request extra assistance or support related to learnings from the training;
- Conduct evaluation exercises with former training participants to make sure they meet advanced training criteria;
- Assist with evaluation of Monitoring and Evaluation tools and identifying best practices along with other centers and center staff;
- Selection of evaluation tools to avoid repetition and create a friendly environment for the participants;
- Assist Center manager in the Weekly report of incidents in the region, identification of trends in attacks against freedom of press or journalists;
- Monthly report of training conducted;
- Training and events report from qualitative and quantitative methods; and
- Provide data when required for the Monitoring & Evaluation plan and any other monthly or quarterly reporting required by IREX.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that together address your ability to meet the following requirements. Please include your salary range requirements. Prior to engagement you will be requested to provide references. A successful reference check is required before finalizing any consulting agreement.
- University degree / Minimum 2 years of program support experience;
- Media or journalism professionals preferred;
- Familiarity with operating environment and media landscape in MENA region;
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English required;
- Valid passport and travel permission required, for potential international travel;
- Excellent cross-cultural and interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Self-motivated and result oriented; and
- Experience of working constructively as part of a small team.
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers.
IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE