Director of Sourcing & Production
We're looking for a Director of Sourcing & Production to join our Procurement team at ipsy. The team supports a variety of product categories from bag, package, to beauty/personal care, and more. You will be responsible for the end to end support--market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking, and complete production management. To be successful, you must be able to manage processes as well as to adapt as needed in a rapidly expanding business. You must be a proven team leader who knows how to recruit and mentor a highly talented team to set and achieve strategic goals. In addition, you must be highly experienced with the overseas manufacturing process and know all the ins and outs of navigating the sourcing pipeline.
- Manage the key sourcing functions, including supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, etc.
- Set and lead the team to execute team objectives and consistently measuring the results.
- Develop processes to ensure production cycles deliver against quality, cost and time objectives.
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure continuous improvement throughout our sourcing and production management efforts.
- Continually seek innovative opportunities for cost-savings and shorter lead times.
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Operations, Customer Care and Finance to develop, test, and execute ideas designed to improve both internal processes and the member experience.
- Manage relationships with suppliers, including developing new and existing relationships, and handling escalations.
- Recruit and lead a growing team of buyers, aiding in their career development, and serving as an excellent resource.
- Manage issues and resolve them.
- BA / BS degree or higher. MBA from top university preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in a Sourcing/Production Management role in the beauty or fashion industry.
- Experience with overseas manufacturing and working with overseas suppliers.
- Experience working with supplier vendors in both a turnkey and non-turnkey environment is a plus.
- Strong track record of leading and building teams.
- Exceptional business acumen, financial analysis, and quantitative skills required.
- Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Well organized with strong attention to detail.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.