Product Manager, Acquisition & Activation
ipsy is looking for a talented Product Manager to help re-envision our member acquisition and activation experiences. Your scope on acquisition will include expanding ipsy’s awareness and reach across a diversity of channels to drive traffic and member conversion. You will also be responsible for delivering a delightful onboarding experience for our new members, setting them up for increased engagement and improved long-term retention.
You are the perfect fit if you have a track record working on top-of-funnel acquisition and onboarding experiences at fast-growing companies. You thrive in a high-performance, entrepreneurial environment, work well as part of a dynamic cross-functional team, and can drive product strategy and execution. This role reports to the VP of Product.
- Partner closely with VP of Acquisition and Director of Growth to set vision and strategy to enable us to hit aggressive new member acquisition and retention targets.
- Develop and drive acquisition & activation product roadmaps; create a highly optimized acquisition engine and best-in-class membership onboarding experience.
- Plan, implement, analyze and improve all SEO activities. Set and own monthly SEO traffic and customer acquisition / conversion goals.
- Drive consistent collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data/insights to better understand and meet member needs.
- Partner with Engineering leads/teams to prioritize development efforts and actively manage backlog and trade-offs on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with PMs and UI/UX teams to ensure acquisition and activation team initiatives seamlessly integrate and align with downstream member journey objectives.
- Drive test, learn, iterate culture through frequent A/B testing and optimization of new member experience.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA from a top tier school preferred.
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, including experience with SEO and content marketing.
- Proven ability to develop product strategy and take ideas from infancy to full execution. Track record of growing a product.
- Excellent business judgment and quantitative skills.
- Obsessively data-driven.
- Great communicator with strong relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- An easy-going, yet results-oriented demeanor.
- Passion for the customer and ipsy’s mission.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 2.5M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.