Senior Strategic Finance Analyst
ipsy is seeking a highly quantitative and data-driven business planning Senior Strategic Finance Analyst. You will focus on forecasting and analyzing revenue as well as conducting collaborative, deep-dive analyses to understand high-level business trends. You will gain invaluable experience in a position that offers significant responsibility, as well as considerable opportunity to have a large impact within a lean but growing Finance organization. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who excels in an unstructured environment, can juggle multiple business units and projects at a time, and finds creative ways to tackle ambiguous problems. This is a full-time position based in our San Mateo office.
- Analyze large data sets, interpret trends, and identify actionable insights and opportunities.
- Combine business and product knowledge with historical data to build forecasts in Excel. Analyze sources of variance. Communicate results and recommendations to business leaders in a clear, actionable way.
- Engage with other departments to stay up-to-date on the latest product developments and develop revenue incrementally models for new businesses.
- Contribute across multiple facets, including business analytics, risk and revenue forecasting, data management, and executive reporting
- BS or MS in business-related or quantitative field (Economics, Math, Statistics, Engineering, or similar discipline).
- 3+ years of experience in business strategy, finance, analytics, or investment banking.
- Genuine excitement for developing and analyzing large, complex data sets and converting them into actionable insights.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to shift priorities while maintaining a high degree of organization and control.
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint experience.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.