Entry-Level Visual Web Designer
Internet Brands is currently seeking an Entry-Level Web Designer for both web/mobile sites and desktop applications who can do hands-on design and production while juggling multiple projects in our fast-paced, engineering department.
This is a great opportunity for a recent grad to design the web experience for a variety of our leading websites in our legal vertical (ie. Nolo.com, Lawyers.com, Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawfirms.com, Alllaw.com, etc.).
- Experience creating web and mobile designs/landing pages for lead generation and/or Ecommerce websites.
- Work collaboratively with other designers to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user-experience.
- Detailed knowledge of fundamental design principles that affect typography, color use, composition, use of space and presentation of information.
- High levels of competence with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience in prototyping tools (eg. Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, invisionapp).
- Strong familiarity in HTML5/CSS3 to interface with Front End Engineers.
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating experience with purpose-driven, direct response design (UI/UX, ecommerce website design, display ads, email marketing, landing page or micro-site design).
- Strong understanding of browser strengths and limitations.
- Experience driving business conversion through rapid UI/UX/Visual enhancements and A/B testing.
- Experience designing layouts for consumer facing desktop applications is a plus.
- Positive attitude and desire to push the boundaries in user interface design.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and strong communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Fine Arts, HCI, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
We offer a comprehensive compensation & benefits package including a casual work environment.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.
KEYWORDS: Web Designer, Visual Designer, Internet Design, Application Design, Graphic Designer, Web, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Dreamweaver, HTML5, CSS3, UX, UI