Associate Director, Predictive Analytics
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is looking for an Associate Director of Business Analytics to join our team. You will be responsible for developing predictive models that provide our business units with reliable insights and visualization.
The ideal candidate is an organized self-starter with a keen business sense who loves digging into data to understand trends and performance. You have a passion for translating data into insights to find opportunities for growth and can effectively communicate them internally. You are a creative thinker who can recommend, plan, and execute an analytical approach that results in actionable business improvements. You’re also a great teammate who likes a rapidly changing environment and wants to join a company that offers a ton of opportunities to build your skills.
In this role, you will:
- Iteratively and quickly develop predictive models.
- Use analytics to build cohorts in order to identify opportunities in high-value segments.
- Understand subject matter KPIs, trends, and cohorts in order to improve upon existing methodologies.
- Collaborate with software engineers and business owners to define product requirements and model parameters.
- Work with engineering teams to automate and scale predictive model solutions.
- Develop and maintain a testing framework for monitoring short and long-term results of predictive models.
- Deliver presentations to senior leadership to explain and illustrate complex analytical findings.
- 6+ years’ experience in a hands-on analytical role with a focus on analyzing business problems.
- Deep understanding of web analytics.
- Experience prototyping models in excel.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of comfort with large relational data sets, database mining and manipulation.
- Experience in tools used for data analysis and reporting (SQL, Excel, Tableau).
- Understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to simplify complex topics for a variety of audiences and present in person as well as virtually.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.