Customer Care Representative - Tier 2
Demandforce has an opening for an outstanding Tier 2 technical support position. The position will work from the El Segundo office, in an energy-filled startup environment, with a motivated team that is getting results and having fun. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. The position reports to the Tier 2 Manager.
This role will work as an integral part of the Demandforce support team to provide support for Demandforce Link software either directly to our business customers or with internal T1 and T3 teams. It includes providing feedback to developers highlighting functionality and usability of new tools as well as answering and resolving customer support requests. Activities include helping to mentor and develop Tier 1 reps, managing escalated customer issues, conducting pre-release product testing and contributing to the overall team knowledge through developing and maintaining the shared knowledge base.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate customer empathy and be passionate about helping customers and resolving technical issues. Excellent communication skills (grammar and spelling) also required. This role requires the ability to explain technical concepts in layman's terms to people such as front office receptionists and admins that do not have a tech background.
The Tier 2 Tech Support Rep will:
- Troubleshoot Demandforce Link software on customer’s Server environments (Windows and Mac), including resets, restores and redeploys.
- QA and provide feedback to Tier 1 reps.
- Lead Team Stand-ups.
- Manage escalated calls.
- Conduct Product Pre-Release Testing as needed.
- Ensure knowledge base is updated and accurate, and contribute to it as appropriate.
- Utilize new tools and support/manage new processes designed to streamline the support process for Demandforce.
- Assess technical issues and provide Tier 2 resolutions, or work with SMEs and Developer resources to resolve customer issues.
- Expand upon their understanding of Demandforce and gain awareness of all of its features.
- Accurately document all customer interactions and work performed.
- Assist in the development of Demandforce Support Operations’ team skills.
- Assist/Facilitate New Hire and Ongoing Tier 1 Training classes.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- A strong attention to detail.
- Strong technical background, including troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting and problem diagnosis.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), including the ability to explain very technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- Possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks according to urgency and importance while remaining calm and focused.
- Experience in operating in a ticket based support system.
- Some administration experience with either Linux or Microsoft Windows.
- Demonstrated experience in working directly with customers in a non-scripted technical environment.
- Windows OS environment skills (XP, Vista, 7, 200X Server).
- Windows familiarity: REQUIRED
1. Remote Desktop Connection
2. Task Scheduler
- Degree in or Current Computer Science, Information Science or Technology major or related degree/major.
- Mac OS environment familiarity (A PLUS BUT NOT NEEDED)
- Experience with remote connection tools (ie: LogMeIn, WebEx, Join.me)
- Technical writing experience.
- Various database technology skills (such as MS SQL Server) a plus.
- Security and Networking experience a plus.
- Salesforce and Jira experience a big plus.
Demandforce, Inc., a leading online marketing and communication software service, helps local businesses thrive in the Internet economy using email communications, text messaging and online services. Demandforce combines an award winning communications platform with best-in-class reputation and networking tools into one powerful web-based application that seamlessly integrates with existing workflow systems to help businesses build a strong online reputation and leverage local network marketing. Founded in 2003, Demandforce has collected more than 2 million consumer reviews, which are published across the Web, and has generated more than $3 billion dollars for its clients. The Demandforce Network connects end clients to almost 40 million local consumers. For more information on how to use Demandforce, please visit www.demandforce.com.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.