Network & Systems Administrator
Do you want to be our network and systems administrator?
Can you be comfortable being uncomfortable? Are you fine with always speaking your mind? Can you lead, execute, and stay focused despite many distractions, and do the work yourself if needed?
At Aculocity, we fight for the customer’s needs. We are disrupting the data industry by putting the customers’ needs first. We custom-build software designed to deliver value to the customer, and integrate with existing systems and data to give the customer a holistic view of their business. We are a dynamic, fast moving, global technology consulting company that enhances business processes and uses technology to solve business problems and create leverage. Since we launched in 2006, we have delivered customer software development solutions, implementation of software systems, business intelligence and business process solutions.
It takes a special kind of person to be a part of this business in transformation. We are privately owned and expect our team members to act with an owner mindset: Relentless about creating value for the customer. Dogged about finding efficiencies and eliminating waste. Standing arm and arm with the rest of the team until the job is done—and ready to do it again the next day, with a smile.
It is not easy do things differently. But we do it—because we are passionate about improving our business and the lives of the people who use our tools.
- Work with Architects, Developers, other infrastructure engineers and technicians to support 24x7 availability and required performance levels and SLAs for all infrastructure and systems including applications, database systems, infrastructure, networking, telecommunications and security systems.
- Investigate and perform root cause analysis on production infrastructure issues and recommend short and long term remediation activities
- Manage all assigned infrastructure areas; Identify, recommend, schedule, and implement network and server improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Support design, operation and testing of the Disaster Recovery site.
- Configure and Deploy IP Phones, update Call Manager and OCS to support new or changed telephony needs.
- Deploy networking equipment including Cisco switches, routers, WAN equipment, F5 Load Balancers and more.
- Installation and support of Server Hardware and software: HP and Dell
What does it take to be a part of our team?
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft products including
- Windows 2008, 2012, 2008/12R2
- Exchange 2010 - 365/2016 is a plus
- Skype for Business (former. Lync)
- Active Directory
- Backup and Recovery concepts and techniques (Backup Exec, Acronis)
- Networking concepts
- Cisco routing/switching
- Familiarity with Server and Workstation/Notebook Hardware.
- Familiarity with Server Virtualization (VMWare)
- Data storage equipment (NetApp, HP)
- Monitoring and logging (SolarWinds, Ms-Monitoring)
- Hardware diagnostics and repair (HP Proliant servers)
- VOIP telephony in general and Shoretel Call Manager in particular
- Basic HVAC and UPS knowledge
- Linux Knowledge
Where will you work? This position will be based in Highland Park, IL.
What do we offer in benefits? We offer an attractive compensation and benefits package, to include base salary and benefits such as medical/dental/vision options, retirement/401K plans, etc.
Don't see your dream job?Submit Your Resume