Manager, Systems Engineering
We are providing solutions for one of the largest needs in the security space. ForeScout is at the forefront of IoT Security. As the world is becoming more and more connected so is the need for ForeScout’s solutions. As the leader of a team of sales engineers, you will team up with our sales managers to assist with technical sales activities for new and existing opportunities. You will utilize your in depth knowledge of ForeScout’s solutions and competitors' offerings to demonstrate competitive advantages to both prospects and partners. In this role, you will help your team conduct online product demonstrations, answer technical questions, contribute to proposals, and analyse client needs and develop technical solutions in a presales capacity. In addition to technical aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence. The system engineering team is a critical component of the sales team.
What You Will Do:
- Implement programs to promote a strong and cohesive team environment
- Manage performance and key talent closely, taking the necessary steps to retain top talent and manage performance at all levels
- Develop team members’ capabilities in support of individual career goals and team objectives
- Engage directly with Sales and Sales Leadership to provide support for pre-sales
- Partner with Sales and Sales leadership to develop strategic and technical account plans, ensuring that pre-sales is providing the necessary technical support to ensure sales and customer success
- Develop a close working relationship with Professional Services and Education to ensure tight alignment between pre and post sales activities
- Support Professional Services by identifying and recommending new opportunities, providing resources for engagements and follow major engagements to ensure success
- Work cross functionally with support, product management, engineering, and other organizations to ensure alignment with the field, provide process and product feedback, and resolve critical customer situations
- Deliver detailed presentations and briefings to customers on ForeScout products and solutions. Assist and manage with critical POC's
- Assume ownership of customer success in your region and help resolve any customer satisfaction issues escalating to RVP when needed
- Interact with Support, PM and R&D to resolve customer product issues.
- Provide constant and clear communication to management regarding important issues impacting sales along with metrics/reporting on team performance.
- Clearly communicate and translate the message to your team demonstrating ForeScout’s leadership principles.
What You Bring to ForeScout:
- Must understand basics of managing a technical team and the associated process of leading a region
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people; challenge and lead people toward their peak performance
- Evidence-based thinking: gathering data to make decisions
- Team-based collaboration: bringing diverse ideas to shared problems
- Emphasis on ownership: will sign-up, be accountable and follow-through
- Self-starter: take initiative, drive consensus
- Think creatively: there is always a way to get there
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills, having managed a team for at least 3 years
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal. Ability to communicate complex ideas, a clear vision and strategy for the account that inspires and empowers the team to execute within a common framework
- Strong understanding of the value for best practices and applies best practices and other tools to drive business results.
- Drive account and resource planning for region and actively collaborate with RM to track plans and correct course as necessary
What ForeScout Offers You:
Strong product, good leadership, great culture, good people, diverse, great benefits, great compensation. If you have good work ethic, are visible, lean in, you will be recognized. We are in growth mode and there is tons of opportunity. A positive attitude and being flexible to change goes a long way here at ForeScout!
- Competitive compensation and Benefits
- Collaborative and innovative environment – make an impact on worldwide security while working on the hottest technology.
- We work hard…and we PLAY hard!