Director, Sales Operations Americas
What We Are Doing:
We are providing solutions for one of the largest needs in the security space. ForeScout is at the forefront of IoT Security. As the world is becoming more and more connected so is the need for ForeScout’s solutions.
What You Will Do:
Are you a self-starter and a leader who not only recognizes where processes can be improved, but also takes the laboring oar to improve them? Are you passionate about building relationships with leaders at multiple levels? Do you thrive working with highly-motivated people in a dynamic, hyper-growth environment? If so, now is the time to join ForeScout’s Sales Planning and Operations!
This Director of Americas Field Operations is responsible for aligning with ForeScout’s SVP of Americas Sales and his leadership team on business strategy and planning, forecasting, contracts execution, and driving the overall performance of the sales theater. He/she will work closely with these leaders to establish and execute the Americas Sales Planning and Operation’s blueprint, which is aligned with our overall business strategy and objectives. This position provides business line performance metrics and analyses, including strategic options and recommendations to senior sales management. This role ensures the day-to-day operational execution within the region in conjunction with sales leadership. The role is critical to the delivery of revenue, margin enhancement, process improvements, risk mitigation and operational excellence within the sales theater.
The Director of Americas Field Operations is recognized as the operational and strategic point person for assisting in the development and facilitation of corporate initiatives and projects for the Americas theater. He/she works closely and cross-functionally to develop and implement methodologies, processes, and policies proficiently at a sales theater level.
- Serves as the right-hand business and operational partner to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Americas Sales
- Owns the theater operating cadence and sales forecast process; implements operational rigor, processes and controls to drives forecast and pipeline predictability, attainment of bookings, revenue, and profitability targets and operational efficiency and excellence across the sales theater
- Partners with senior sales management and Sales Finance to proactively drive sales planning inclusive of (but not limited to) capacity planning, organizational design, and territory, headcount and quota planning deliverables for the sales theaters
- Works closely with sales theater VPs to drive quarterly and annual account planning sessions/activities and business reviews
- Ensures that systems and tools support the theater’s needs and reporting responsibilities
- Develops sales rep and management-level performance dashboards for the sales theaters
- Initiates and leads projects and initiatives designed to improve sales, productivity, and efficiency, and/or reduce costs
- Performs ad hoc business analyses and oversees or performs statistical studies for assigned sales theater, as needed
- Optimizes sales theater sales force design by recommending changes to sales roles, coverage models, or team configurations in order to maximize sales productivity; creatively drives analyses and helps to align the organization around optimal solutions
What You Will Bring to Forescout:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field required; MBA a plus
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in sales operations or business operations role in high-technology industry
- Proven success leading sales operations in a fast paced, high growth environment within the Americas theater
- Strong understanding of sales processes and methodologies, territory design, quota assignment, and sales compensation structures and programs desired.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com or similar sales CRM-like tools
- Strong Excel (financial/data modeling) skills required
- Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to take own initiative
- Proven track record of effectively interfacing with, and influencing, cross-functional departments and sales management team
- Ability to communicate comfortably and effectively with senior and/or executive management
- Strong motivation/influencing skills; with the ability to manage and achieve results through multiple; cross-functional teams
- Achievement oriented (i.e., measures performance, improves outcomes, sets challenging goals)
- Adept in listening as well as written and verbal communication
- Able to travel within Americas theater