Network Operations Associate
Founded in 2003 to provide a free, public, high-quality college preparatory education for the students of East Boston and Chelsea, Excel is proving that children’s ability to succeed in high school, college, and beyond is not determined by zip code. We have grown from one school serving approximately 200 students to a network of four schools serving more than 1,300 students, and our purpose and theory of change remains consistent: we believe that when a student has the support and tools to pursue a productive post-secondary pathway aligned with personal identity and values, it can fundamentally change his/her life trajectory. As a true public school, Excel is defined not by whom we exclude but by whom we include in our community. We are proud of the fact that we serve many students with special needs.
After 8 years of operating a small single-site middle school in East Boston, Excel was designated a “Proven Provider” by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and granted two additional charters to serve middle school students. After four more successful years, Excel Academy Charter High School opened in 2015. In spring 2019, we cheered on our first senior class as they became the first cohort to receive high school diplomas from Excel.
About the Role
Duties and Responsibilities
The Network Operations Associate role is a full-time, salaried position providing data entry, communications, and administrative support to ensure the network’s operations run smoothly. This position works intensively with families during the student recruitment and student enrollment seasons. In addition, the Network Operations Associate manages data to provide compliance reports as mandated by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Represent Excel Academy at student recruitment events in the East Boston and Chelsea communities, and as the primary contact for inquiries about student applications;
- Enter student application data into our application database, and ensure the accuracy and completion of all application data; and
- Review application data quality reports and troubleshoot data.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all families engaged in the enrollment process;
- Maintain accurate records of all enrollment offers through an online database;
- Prepare weekly reports on enrollment trends during the enrollment season, March-August;
- Enter student enrollment packet data into our student information system; and
- Serve as the primary liaison between Excel and local schools while procuring prior student records and historical data.
- Enter data in our student information systems to ensure accurate, timely submissions of data reports;
- Prepare and troubleshoot reports for mandated Department of Education data submissions;
- Serve as the primary support contact for internal stakeholders with selected compliance reports;
- Maintain compliance records as requested.
- Complete monthly audits of Nutrition program records
- Complete compliance reviews and reports as needed
Network Team Support
- Implement daily and weekly systems to support the work of Excel Academy’s Network Team office, including maintaining supply closets inventory, procuring supplies and materials, completing monthly reports, and managing minor facility requests.
- Serve as a member of the Network Operations Team and the organization-wide Operations Department, and contribute meaningfully to team meetings, professional development, etc.
- Spanish & English fluency required
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- A detail-oriented approach to data entry and data management;
- A systematic and structured approach to managing tasks, with a demonstrated ability to maintain multiple priorities in parallel;
- A minimum of two years of experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred;
- A commitment to addressing inequity in education;
- An unwavering commitment to and belief in the mission of Excel Academy Charter Schools, including Excel’s values and educational model;
- The ability to focus and thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment and the willingness and desire to support others in doing their best work; and
- An entrepreneurial spirit that reflects an openness to change, a willingness to problem-solve, and an interest in developing new ideas and programs.
Compensation: Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.