SAP ABAP Consultant – IMS
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai and Montréal.
Since the opening of our first studio in London in 1998 we’ve always focused on building close working relationships with filmmakers. We thrive on the collaboration and the creative energy this provides, and we are dedicated to delivering excellence on every project we are involved with.
We’ve brought home the Oscar for ‘Best VFX’ for three out of the last four years. In total, we’ve been honoured with 4 Academy Award wins, 4 BAFTA Awards and 8 Visual Effects Society Awards for our visual effects work on shows like ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Ex Machina’, ‘Interstellar’, ‘Inception’ and ‘Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 2’
As SAP ABAP Consultant in our IMS team (Information Management & Systems), which supports our management and production systems, used across our global studios, you’ll be responsible for the team support management and continuous development of SAP. Partnering with the SAP Manager, you’ll help drive the direction of the platform, manage the implementation of system upgrades, and provide DNEG end users with training and support. You will be expected to:
- Perform complex ABAP programming, design, testing, and debugging work related to the implementation, enhancement, and to support existing SAP system
- Translating business requirements into SAP solution alongside the functional team
- You will work closely with the users to translate requirements into effective development solutions and help them meet various technical needs
- Working on moderately complex existing development objects with minimal direction.
- Assist in documenting, producing detailed technical specifications and implementing.
- Develop and provide all round support templates, reports, and methods to improve the efficiency of application support.
- Liaising with both local and remote teams for progress and planning
This is an opportunity to be part of growing team, being the SAP system expert at DNEG, with the scope for this role to develop into building and leading a multi-site team under the guidance of the SAP Manager.
- Extensive experience as a SAP ABAP Developer with proven experience in Object Orientated development
- Experience of interfacing technologies (EDI, IDOC, XML transformations, Web Services etc)
- Experience in creating user exits, module pools, batch inputs, BADI, BAPI, RFC, ALE, and IDOC interface development.
- Exposure to SAP HANA, SAP Fiori and Workflow
- Troubleshooting experience, including the resolution of production issues
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Can work under minimum supervision, have good time management and work planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player who works collaboratively and effectively with others
Nice to have
- Exposure across the core SAP modules (FICO, MM, SD, and PS)
- Experience of using Agile delivery methods
Commitment to Diversity
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without the support from our IMS department, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.