Suffolk University is excited to announce a one year provost fellowship position for an individual enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited institution other than Suffolk University who has completed all coursework, passed all PhD exams and had their dissertation proposal approved.
The Provost Fellowship advances Suffolk University’s ongoing commitment to diversity, access, inclusion and social justice and creates a pipeline of scholars and change agents committed to these values.
Under the direction of a senior faculty member in the same academic discipline and the Vice President of Diversity, Access and Inclusion, the Fellow will continue their research and scholarly work for their dissertation; develop their pedagogy and engage in activities to support an inclusive community. To culminate the fellowship experience, the Fellow will prepare an action plan that demonstrates how diversity, inclusion, access and social justice will inform their pedagogy as a teacher, scholar and mentor.
This fellowship position is a 10 month (August-June) and assigned to a department aligning with the academic discipline.
- Successfully complete the Center for Teaching and Scholarly Excellence course design institute certificate program
- Develop a course with the Center for Teaching and Scholarly Excellence to be taught by the incumbent in the following semester
- Complete research and scholarly activity for dissertation
- Shadow faculty member(s) in institutional activities and service to demonstrate opportunities that fall within the scope of faculty service
- Participate as appropriate in faculty programming (orientation, lectures, seminars, workshops and case studies), community activities including (ERGs, Ford Hall Forum) and student co-curricular activities to cultivate broad understanding of the Suffolk and the academic community in general.
- Enrolled in a PhD program at an accredited institution other than Suffolk University
- Completed all course work, passed all PhD exams and dissertation proposal approved
- Be a student of exceptional academic merit and demonstrates a commitment to social justice, diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrates an ability to work successfully in and contribute to climate of civility, honesty, cooperation, professionalism and fairness.
- Ability to focus on outcomes in scholarship and learning.
- Ability to be creative and innovative in approaches to learning outcomes.
- A description of dissertation and contribution to the field of academic discipline
- A supplemental essay on how their academic, personal and/or professional experiences demonstrate their commitment to diversity, inclusion and social justice to be submitted with application
- Publications (co)authored or presentations if available
- Curriculum vita
- Transcript (unofficial may be submitted with application, but official is required as a condition of employment)
- Three (3) recommendation letters