Digital Product Manager
Do you like building and owning products for digital audiences? Would you enjoy working for a fast-paced and nationally respected media company? Have an eye for detail and a creative spirit? Can you thrive in both team and independent work settings?
If so, we need an experienced Digital Product Manager to run existing digital products, as well as lead new product development for WRAL Digital, a business unit of Capitol Broadcasting Company.
The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for product & project launches and post-launch monitoring and measurement. Successful candidates are adaptable and rely on metrics and user data to inform decisions. A strong project management background will come in handy since we stay busy.
Digital products owned by this position include news websites, mobile and connected TV apps, site search, revenue-generating recommendation units and server-side ad insertion technology and processes.
Each product has unique value propositions and sales strategies, and the Digital Product Manager must balance these varied responsibilities while helping the business achieve audience growth and revenue goals.
Candidates with mobile app, video streaming and website product development experience are preferred. This position reports to the Vice President for WRAL Digital.
- At least 5 years of digital product management and/or project management experience, preferably in a news organization
- Manage the development, launch and growth of products, collaborating and coordinating across sales, content, software development, analytics and marketing teams
- Translate broad business requirements into detailed functional product specifications to be used by internal and external development teams
- Perform QA
- Work closely with internal resources, vendors and other partners to design, integrate and launch new products and services for content, sales and marketing teams
- Identify strategic opportunities and innovative ideas to move products forward
- Effectively communicate project status with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including running weekly status meetings and joining daily stand-up meetings
- Use metrics and research to make product decisions, with focus on continuous process improvement and benchmarking
- Ability to work in high-energy fast-paced environment
- Stay current on digital audiences, technology and advertising trends to help drive business development
- Actively watch, listen to, read or otherwise review products across all platforms
- Exhibit a sense of humor, fun and creativity
- Handle other assignments as needed, showing flexibility and adaptability
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or other related field
Besides offering some of the best benefits in the business, we’re a locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing company. We have high expectations of each other and strive for excellence every day.
Our beautifully expanded and renovated offices are in Raleigh, North Carolina, consistently ranked as one of the best places to live, work and raise a family. Though not fully remote, the position has some remote flexibility.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.