Real Estate Development Associate
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. (“CBC”) has an opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated development associate to join its growing real estate team in the Durham, NC office. CBC is a privately held diversified media company with a significant and growing real estate portfolio throughout the greater Triangle area. For more than fifteen years, CBC has developed or invested in projects ranging from mixed-use, historic adaptive re-use to new ground-up, developments. CBC seeks to expand its real estate portfolio within the Triangle area through a combination of new developments and investments. The ideal candidate for the position will have the following experience and primary responsibilities:
- Conducts financial analysis of development opportunities, including creating detailed pro-forma and financial models for review.
- Gathers, compiles, and analyzes market data and prepares narrative investment memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on proposed projects.
- Assists in the review and negotiation of all contracts and transaction documents.
- Participates in the due diligence on development sites under contract and prepares documentation on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of proposed development projects, recommending critical timelines and deadlines for tasks and activities related to the proposed transaction, and identifies and communicates issues or problems that could adversely affect closing.
- Coordinates with internal development team personnel and external design, construction, brokerage, and capital partners to assist with financial and market analysis.
The ideal candidate for the position must possess superior analytical, organizational as well as effective written, verbal and internal communication skills; be highly skilled with Microsoft Office including Excel; have strong attention to detail, superior work ethic, and initiative to tackle assignments and see them through to completion. This individual must have the ability to effectively balance working within a team environment and working independently. A Bachelor's degree in Business or Real Estate with a minimum of three years of relevant experience required, and a Master’s degree in Business or Real Estate are preferred. A pre-employment drug screening is also required.
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.