Talent Acquisition Specialist
Capitol Broadcasting Company is looking to add a Recruiter to our Human Resources Team. In this position you have the unique opportunity to seek talent and support managers in hiring for some of the most recognizable brands in the Triangle: WRAL-TV, FOX-50, Durham Bulls, WRAL-FM and more!
This is a full-time role based in Raleigh, NC that reports to the Vice President of Human Resources.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU…
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- ..they make you smile
- Take pride in exceptional customer service
- You add something to your to-do list just to check it off
- Specialize in building strong, mutually beneficial business relationships
- Set out to learn something new today
- Work hard, think fast and have fun
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and monitor the recruitment and hiring activities for all divisions.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, media, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using newsgroups and job sites.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Arranges management interviews by coordinating schedules.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Improves organization attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices; monitoring job offers and compensation practices; emphasizing benefits and perks.
- Manages intern program by conducting orientations; scheduling rotations and assignments; monitoring intern job contributions; coaching interns; advising managers on training and coaching.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation; enforcing regulations with managers; recommending new procedures; conducting training.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Manage stations FCC initiatives and participation in career fairs; and interviewing candidates as requested.
- Conduct new-employee onboarding to ensure all employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions
- Assist VP/HR with projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; thorough understanding of all benefits related laws and statutes; Proficiency of Microsoft Suite, including Word and Excel; Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in human resources, specifically in recruitment and/or employee relations preferred.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.