The American Underground is one of eleven Google for Startups Tech Hubs in North America and home to 250+ startups, investors, university offices, and more. With three campuses and a national virtual community, the American Underground is looking for someone to join their fun, collaborative, and focused team.
We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented administrator to assist with leasing documentation, record keeping, Accounts Receivable, and event support for our community. The Property Administrator will be responsible for supporting a quality leasing experience for AU members and partners through expert organization, professional email communication, and timely responses. Additionally, they will provide operational support to our internal team with daily, ongoing tasks, as well as long-term project management. Strong candidates will have experience working with a real estate or property management team, an ability to provide top of the line administrative support, comfortability with basic accounting principals, and excellent written communication.
The American Underground seeks to be the most diverse startup hub in the world, and our team should reflect that. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply to this position.
Property Management Administration
- Responsible for handling all administrative elements of leasing. Includes managing records and inputting into residential management and coworking software.
- Manage and maintain all aspects of billing and accounts in a timely manner.
- Send monthly residential statements, invoices, billing notifications, and payment reminders.
- Set up tenants with billing accounts.
- Manage all electronic deposits and records.
- Manage all billing and lease related inquiries and questions.
- Manage lease closeout process, including record-keeping, tenant communication, space walk-throughs, and security deposit questions.
- Manage all administrative elements of membership in coworking software, OfficeRnd.
- Send invitations or revoke access to coworking software in a timely manner.
- Manage member mail, and ensure it gets into proper mailbox locations.
- Assist team with event schedule and planning as needed.
- Assist team with space upkeep and flipping offices as needed.
- Minimum of one year of administrative support or similar experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in Microsoft Suite, G-Suite, and skilled in Excel
- Ability to focus in a fast paced environment
- Willing to wear several hats and be flexible
- Ability to meet deadlines, anticipate next steps, be aware of prioritization
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Ability to connect well with people; warm, approachable, and patient
- Excited to work with a large, diverse group of AU members
- Property Management administrative support experience
- Familiarity with Yardi or similar real estate software
- Understanding of the full communication process within a large team, including delegating tasks when appropriate
- Passion for the startup ecosystem and/or entrepreneurial communities
Hours and Compensation:
- Average 20-25 hours per week
- Hybrid structure with minimum two days per week in the office
- The AU is an in-person professional work space, and visibility to AU members is important.
- Hourly rate: $20 /hour
About American UndergroundDubbed the “Startup Hub of the South” by CNBC, American Underground [AU] is one of eleven Google for Startups Tech Hubs in North America. Based in Durham, NC, and supporting 300+ startups and scaleups across the Triangle Region, American Underground designs for any founder building a product towards scale, with an emphasis on those currently underrepresented in tech. Today, over 50% of American Underground companies are led by a woman and/or persons of color. With over $211 million in funding raised and 3,100+ and counting net new jobs created, American Underground companies continue to exemplify that startups increase and diversify economic opportunity, but require cultivation. Through connections, content, and workspace that tap the region’s ecosystem of experts, American
You must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work at CBC. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving an available COVID-19 vaccination, and you are selected as a candidate for consideration, we have an accommodations process in place to evaluate those requests.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.