Strategic Business Developer
Strategic Business Developer - Capitol B Creative Studios - WRAL Digital Solutions
“Born out of media, fueled by insights, we were made to tell your story.”
Capitol Broadcasting Company’s Strategic Business Development team is laser focused on helping our diverse portfolio of clients embrace and overcome their most critical brand, marketing, and public relations challenges through design thinking. Leading with the purpose statement “Born out of media, fueled by insights, we were made to tell your story,” we are business developers, marketing advisors, and business strategists representing the front lines of Capitol B Creative Studios, the full-service marketing agency of Capitol Broadcasting Company. Strategy is our forte but no brand, marketing, or PR strategy is complete without stellar account service, planning, execution, and evaluation. Our visionary team is equipped for it all and eager to welcome your unique skills and abilities aboard.
As a Strategic Business Developer, you will represent the tip of the spear for Capitol B Creative Studios and WRAL Digital Solutions responsible for driving new key account revenue growth with a focus on closing high-value, comprehensive agency relationships, strategic partnerships, and growth-minded marketing campaigns. This opportunity is hybrid-remote with the ratio of in-office and remote time being fully dependent on achievement of revenue goals and overall success. Our team members gain immediate access to best-in-class sales and leadership training and in-field coaching.
- Drive new business among and manage relationships with strategic key account-level clients of Capitol B Creative Studios and WRAL Digital Solutions
- Meet or exceed sales and profitability quotas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Conduct outbound prospecting to new key account prospects while managing a book of current accounts for which you will be responsible to grow year-over-year
- Drive the end-to-end sales process, working closely with relevant internal team members (Initial lead inquiry, qualification, prospecting, forecasting, scoping, contract negotiation, kickoff)
- Collaborate with director and relevant team members to develop client discovery efforts, proposals, presentations, and scopes of work – ultimately setting relationships and engagements up for long-term success
- Maintain contacts and opportunities while tracking communications in a CRM database to support reporting & analytics
- Represent Capitol B Creative and WRAL DS with client partners and third parties at industry and demand generating events
- Keep up with evolving AOR offerings, industry trends, and best practices, including utilization of new technology and web resources around prospecting and social selling
- Maintain Awareness of competitive activities, positioning and pricing and develop effective approaches to competing and winning against these competitors
- Three or more years of experience with a proven track record of success in business development, sales, or fundraising.
- Experience selling digital marketing-oriented professional service solutions for digital agencies or digital consultancies, identifying and closing long-term, Agency of Record (AOR)-type relationships
- Significant North Carolina-based business relationships and personal network of senior marketing and sales decision-makers with ability to activate network to realize revenue goals
- Experience crafting and executing plans to close and retain high-value projects
- High capacity for leadership, collaboration and team-building skills
- Demonstrated success leading complex projects toward desired results
- Able to partner with clients to understand their organizational needs and recommend solutions that add value to their business.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and listening skills; strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Gives and receives feedback internally and externally in a constructive way
- Community-minded hunter/seller
- Embody WRAL Digital Solutions’ five P.R.O.U.D. core values of Positivity, Respect, Owning it, Unity, and Dissolving problems with solutions.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Base Salary
- Year 1 Base Salary: $55,000
- Base take home pay in first six months: $6,250 monthly (pro-rated for annual salary of $75,000)
- Commission & Bonus
- Commissions are earned on both new business sales and account management as are performance-based bonuses.
Careers with WRAL Digital
We’re a locally owned, pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. We reward our employee’s contribution to our success with a compensation and benefits package that is among the best in the industry, focusing on the future and planning for retirement. A few of our benefits are listed below:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Long Term Care
- 401K Retirement Plan
- NC 529 Plan
- Hybrid-remote opportunity
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.