Multiplatform Producer - Business and Technology
Capitol Broadcasting Company is seeking a Multiplatform Producer - Business and Technology. This person will be part of the team that works directly with WRAL’s digital platforms: websites, mobile apps, newsletters and social media. This person spends about half of their time creating original content -- with a focus on technology, business and life sciences in the Triangle -- and the other half updating our digital platforms.
People come to WRAL and they stay. Why? We’re family. We have extraordinary expectations of each other and accept nothing short of excellence. Meshing with our standout team is as important as your skills. We’re locally owned by Capitol Broadcasting Company, a pioneering, stable, community advocate, do-the-right-thing Company that offers some of the best benefits in the business. WRAL is based out of Raleigh, NC, ranked as one of the best places to live and work according to U.S. News & World Report.
- Strong storyteller
- Curious and connected to the Triangle business community
- AP style whiz
- Deadline driven, with the ability to juggle multiple assignments at once
- Able to curate content from search trends and social listening, to find and craft stories for digital, social and television, leveraging the best style practices of each
- Able to cultivate sources and pitch unique angles on the tech (and the people behind it) taking over our lives
- Experienced with WordPress and other digital content management systems
- Skilled in the use of Adobe Suite
- Self-starter and calm under pressureExcellent at time management and project management
- Clear and efficient in both verbal and written communication
- Willing to learn and teach new things and embrace new workflows based on industry changes
- Write, edit and post stories using AP Style from a variety of sources, including WRAL-TV, web curation, original reporting, network news partners, social media and wire services, with an emphasis on delivering breaking news and enterprise news quickly and accurately
- Embrace unique and compelling ways to present content using text, video, photos and interactive elements that stand out
- Conceive, create and post original video for WRAL digital platforms, leveraging content from WRAL-TV, online video platforms and our network news partners
- Create, select and edit compelling images, create photo galleries, online polls and quizzes to augment online articles and increase page engagement
- Apply a grasp of SEO and apply it when crafting headlines, online stories and other supporting content that helps drive search traffic
- Help manage WRAL social media channels while interacting with fans/followers.
- Perform other duties as needed and directed
- Write several stories a day as well as the ability to craft longer form stories
- Work well with others
- Use real-time and historical analytics to guide site programming and content creation decisions
- Able to work all shifts, including days, nights, weekend and holidays
A writing test and work samples are required.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAZ-TV, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WNGT-CD, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, WRAL Digital and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and Coastal Plain League in Durham, NC; The Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.