Regional Sales Manager, West
Bulletproof is an omni-channel content driven consumer products company. Our vision is to tap into the unlimited power of being human and we do this by holding true to our mission of creating products that radically improve lives. Bulletproof helps people live better by providing information and products that help them use fat for fuel, say goodbye to sugar and supercharge mitochondria increasing their energy.
Bulletproof has a team of experienced entrepreneurs and biohackers working to make high performance a daily reality for everyone on the planet. While our culture is casual and our workplace flexible, the team is passionate, customer driven, meaningfully connected, smart, and results focused.
Our customers know that our coffee, beverages, food, and supplements are the purest you can get anywhere, and you can expect to feel a difference in how you perform the first time you experience them. Environmentally conscious and ethically sourced products build a sustainable foundation for future generations to thrive. Bulletproof coffee has developed a cult following across the nation as a drink that provides sustained energy, while also programming your body to burn fat for energy. In addition to providing convenient access to products through eCommerce, brick and mortar retail stores (e.g. Whole Foods Market) and Bulletproof Cafes, Bulletproof has developed a specialized diet, which is based on eating high amounts of healthy fats, moderate amounts of high-quality protein, and tonsof organic vegetables eaten at the right time in order to create unbelievable levels of energy and weight loss.
Bulletproof is looking for a Regional Account Manager, West. This position is accountable for all selling aspects (promotional planning, forecasting, distribution, new item sell-in, presentations, execution of marketing and promotions, etc.) at both Conventional and Natural retailers across the West including Sprouts, HEB, NGVC, Lucky’s, New Seasons, PCC, Kroger and Albertsons divisions. S/he will have deep experience and relationships in both Natural and Conventional retailers, with a strong track record of success. S/he will be a results oriented, collaborative thinker with strong business planning, excellent communication, and strategic selling skills. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, innovative, and excel at disruptive thinking. Defining and implementing long term business strategies based on trends and competitive analysis and the ability to think outside of the box to solve complex problems are critical to success. S/he will have analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, strong operational skills, and a passion for creating a world class brand experience for Bulletproof customers. S/he must enjoy a fast pace and operating at all levels of the organization.
- At assigned accounts, develop and execute channel and account sales strategies that align with Bulletproof Sr. Leadership. Customers will include Sprouts, HEB, NGVC, Lucky’s, New Seasons, PCC, Kroger, Albertsons and Safeway divisions, as well as smaller retailers.
- Achieve top and bottom-line budget goals
- Strategic direction of the customer relationship.
- Accountable for direct sales management with assigned customers (all sales calls, line reviews, strategy meetings, etc.).
- Build sustainable partnerships with key decision-makers and teams at assigned accounts.
- Proactively team/partner with internal Bulletproof resources across multiple functions (finance, marketing, product management, etc.) that influence and help with execution of the Natural and Conventional Grocery strategy, to lead plan development, selling activities and forecasting to maximize performance.
- Manage promotional processes from the planning stage, to development to execution, ensuring all retailer timelines are met, deliverables are executed, and communication is timely to internal parties and the retailer.
- Investment Strategy: Maximize and execute trade budgets against promotional plans/calendars to deliver optimal ROI and margin.
- Work Collaboratively with Broker, motivating and directing them to help achieve account goals including division level business plans and incentive programs as necessary.
- Plan and conduct regular business reviews with BP's Executive Leadership
- Minimum 8+ years of demonstrated success with CPG sales.
- Minimum 3-5 years calling on retailers listed above with similar success.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of success defining and delivering innovative disruptive ideas to drive long term business results.
- Experience working with partners at multiple levels within the organization (operations, category/marketing, supply chain, finance, human resources, legal and other functional groups).
- Working knowledge and understanding of Nielsen/IRI/Spins syndicated data. Knowledge of customer portal systems.
- Ability to create and present consumer and customer centric sales data internally and to external clients.
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that enable you to earn trust at all levels.
- Experience leading and working successfully with brokers.
- Ability and willingness to travel to individual markets as necessary.
- Bring a reputation of high integrity.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Demonstrated Success Selling Innovative, Healthy/Functional and/or Coffee/Cold Brew Ready -to-Drink Beverage products across Channels.
- Demonstrated Success pioneering with early stage, innovative brands in fast-paced, high growth CPG company.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Bulletproof:
- Team player
- Natural self-starter
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver
- Self-aware and curious
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
This is a full-time position based on the West Coast. Maximum fun, maximum knowledge, and maximum performance are a part of the job description, and you’ll get to work with the team on a regular basis to upgrade your game, your mental performance, and your life. This is a great opportunity to grow with a company.
Think you’ve got what it takes?