Senior Associate, School & System Service Operations
Senior Associate, School & System Service Operations
Location: Flexible within the United States; up to 20% travel
(Travel contingent upon organizational/state/federal regulations)
Position is available: Immediately
Every student deserves opportunities in life, and every educator committed to providing those opportunities deserves support. Those beliefs drive us to work alongside schools to support great teaching so that we can work towards guaranteeing that all students are receiving high quality instruction. We partner with over 900 schools - both district and charter - in underserved communities around the country, thus impacting more than 330,000 students. Third-party evaluations confirm that when schools have the right basic conditions in place and partner with ANet, they achieve 6-8 months of additional learning over a two-year period compared to schools not partnering with ANet.
At ANet we are committed to living out our core values, both across our organization and with our partner schools. We acknowledge that systemic inequities impact student access to opportunities and that in order to ensure educational equity for all students, we must center on the experiences of those from marginalized communities to guide our work. We work to deepen our understanding of how race, class, power and privilege influence the education system as well as influence our own perspectives. To do so, we provide ongoing learning opportunities through org-wide professional development, affinity groups, working groups, and resource sharing.
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
The School and Systems Services team designs and delivers instructional leadership coaching alongside school and system leaders ensuring they get targeted support to meet their needs. The Service Strategy & Operations team is a key enabling function for this work. As the Senior Associate you will play a critical role leading operations for the team aligned to ANet’s mission and team goals. You will support the team’s use of data to drive its strategy and decision-making, logistics for internal and external events, calendar management, supply procurement, and budget and expense tracking. The ideal candidate has a record of success as an operations professional, is a quick learner and motivated by working behind the scenes in support of education equity. The Senior Associate will report to the Managing Director, Service Strategy and work closely with the School & System Service leadership.
Advance the School & System Service Team strategy and drive a data-driven team culture to accelerate the consistency of our impact
● Partner with School & System Service Team leadership to assist in developing and executing on a strategy that meets the team’s short- and long-term resource needs
● Work alongside the Vice President of Service Strategy to ensure implementation, effective use, and strengthening of data tracking systems and tools across our core coach team
● Make sure coaches have the access and information they need to track their work with partners and elevate opportunities to strengthen these platforms to collect information about our work with schools and systems
● Regularly monitor, package and present data to support the team in understanding progress to annual goals and key areas for adjustment
● Liaise with the Partnership Success Team to ensure quality and accuracy of Salesforce data, required attendance records and service documentation
● Support the financial health and viability through collaboration with leadership on budget development, expense tracking, and management of contracts and payments
● Monitor team calendars to support coordination and communication of team meetings, external activities, vacations, and assist leadership to maximize team time toward annual priorities and goals
Design and steer the internal operations for team coordination
● Develop an operations strategy to ensure high quality support at scale
● Work closely with the Vice President, Core Model Service to own and execute the service team’s annual meeting schedule, including team meetings with coach managers, training and development opportunities, and all team experiences
● Operate as the primary support for coaching strategy to ensure that all coaches and coach managers have the information, resources and tools they need to execute their core work
● Leverage internal communication tools to organize and disseminate essential learning materials and communication
● Coordinate a coherent and effective cross-team communication and alignment strategy alongside the School & System Service operations team
● Act as an internal point person on key technology platforms as well as troubleshoot any technology challenges with support from the central Tech Xperience Team
● Internalize ANet and School & System Service Team priorities and anticipate team needs through a strong sense of empathy and personal accountability
Accelerate partner impact through support of learning events
● Execute high-impact partner learning events by coordinating project plans, leading stakeholders towards milestones and deadlines, and providing remote and/or on the ground support as needed
● Operate as an internal liaison for events, including providing project management support, coordinating with the coach team and managers, and potential onsite support as needed
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● You are experienced at digging into data with an analytical eye to pull out meaningful headlines
● You are comfortable with utilizing basic Excel formulas to find efficiencies in your work and support the elevation of team headlines
● You sweat the small stuff and bring exceptional attention to detail to everything you do while knowing the right moments to pull up out of the weeds
● You are able to connect the dots between the details and strategy to help inform and influence others towards goals
● You have managed complex projects simultaneously and are skilled in managing a multitude of tasks, actions, and people
● You are an exceptional communicator and know how to be creative to get a message across to internal and external stakeholders
● You are energized by and most successful in entrepreneurial, collaborative, and fast-paced environments supporting others to do their best work and meeting the needs of your team and external partners
● You are flexible and when things don’t go as planned; you proactively problem-solve to seek out new solutions and opportunities
● You are eager to learn and proactively seek out feedback and opportunities for your professional growth
● You are willing to travel to the partner schools as needed for event support
● You have a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels
● You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization.
Ideal candidates may also demonstrate the following preferred qualifications:
● You have prior experience working in an operations or administrative support role within the K12 education sector and/or within an education nonprofit organization
● You have prior experience planning and executing events in a virtual space
● You are fluent and comfortable with providing technology support for tools such as Zoom, Nearpod, Google Suite, etc.
ANet offers highly competitive compensation based on prior experience and qualifications as well as comprehensive benefits in order to best support our people. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; 3 weeks of vacation (4 weeks after two years with ANet); 10 paid holidays with paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; a paid floating holiday; paid sick & personal days; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.
We are now accepting applications for this position, which will be reviewed on a rolling basis. To apply, please click on the blue “Apply” button.
This role is not intended to be performed in Colorado.
ANet is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds and gender identities to apply to our positions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.